(25) 𝐝𝐲𝐧𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐲

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

ADELAIDE GRIPS HER FATHERS HAND TIGHTLY AS MAGNUS STANDS THE OTHER SIDE, using his magic to heal him. Magnus glanced at Adelaide, seeing the worried expression on her face. No matter their relationship, no matter the little time they spent together, Adelaide cared for her dad. "There." Magnus says as he stops his magic, clearing his throat a little bit."That should be all he needs to heal the rest of the way." He tells them as he turns to Adelaide once again. Adelaide let's a relieved sigh out at she closes her eyes for a moment. The inquistor just stands near them, her eyes flickering towards dean before landing on Magnus.

"Then I guess you can be on your way." Everyone turns to face her, more confused than anything. Magnus let's out a humourless laugh as he gives a disgusted glare.

"No thank you for saving one of your shadowhunters?" Magnus asks as he raises an eyebrow at the woman. Imogen only crosses her arms against her chest before taking a step towards the warlock.

"What you did was noble but we have strict rules here. Letting you in was a violation. I approved it so now you can leave." Imogen tells him and this makes Adelaide's fists clench as she glares at her.

"You see the world with such hatred." Adelaide starts, meeting Imogen's eyes as she shakes her head. "It's gonna get you killed." She finishes as she scoffs, walking the opposite direction. Alec grabs a hold of her hand, giving a comforting smile.

"Hey, I'll call when he-" Alec starts but Adelaide only rips herself from his grip, pushing past him. The man frowns as his eyes follow her, seeing her leave the institute with Magnus without so much as a second glance.

"What the hell was that?" Jace asks angrily as he makes his way over to Imogen. The woman only shrugs, not seeing the obvious problem.

"They couldn't help us anymore." She answers as she moves towards the doorway but Isabelle blocks her path.

"They saved his life." Isabelle points out with a scoff as she rolls her eyes. Imogen only squints at her, raising an eyebrow.

"That's what she told you." She responds making Jace scoff as he shakes his head. After everything Adelaide has done for them, no one trusted her. Jace now understood why the girl felt she didn't belong at the institute.

"It's her father." Jace snaps as he gestures to the man on the table. Imogen only clenches her jaw as she didn't like being challenged.

"If any of you have a problem with how I run things you can gladly leave with them." Imogen states as she flickers her eyes among the group. Alec only crosses his arms against his chest as he shakes his head.