(20) 𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 ✓

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

ADELAIDE WALKS THROUGH THE INSTITUTE, she had left Isabelle alone an hour ago because the girl needed to rest. She had done everything she could and would check on the girl soon. Adelaide just hoped Isabelle could overcome the Yin fen and get back to her normal self. She walks down the hallway, seeing a familiar man at the end with a clipboard in his hand.

Adelaide was hesitant, fiddling with her fingers but she makes her way towards him.

"Dean!" She calls out, making him look around before his eyes find her. Adelaide could see the smile form on his lips as she stops in front of him. "Uh, hi." She says awkwardly as she didn't really plan on what she was going to say.

"Hi." Dean replies as he chuckled lightly.

"What are you doing?" Adelaide asks as she rocks back and forth on her feet. Dean only raises an eyebrow as he looks at the seraph blade in his hand.

"Checking the weapon stock." Dean replies and Adelaide could feel herself turn red.

"Right." Adelaide could see what he was doing and felt dumb that she even asked. Dean goes back to writing but Adelaide clears her throat. "You know what I said.. about us getting to know each other." She asks and Dean only glances back up at her before nodding his head. "I did mean it." Adelaide says as she fiddles with her fingers. Dean smiles lightly. He did know she meant it but he still wanted to give her some space.

"I didn't want to push myself into your life. I was waiting for you to come to me." Dean admits and Adelaide got where he was coming from since she has basically told him to fuck off everytime he's asked to talk to her.

"Look." Adelaide takes his clipboard, setting it down so she had his full attention. "I never let people in. I only started doing it recently." She admits as she shakes her head, making Dean's eyebrows furrow a little bit. "Growing up I always distanced myself from everyone, never letting them get too close. Magnus was the only one but even then, I didn't get to see him much when I got moved to the institute."  She explains to Dean who took in what she said but something still confused him.

"But you have you friends." Dean points out as he could tell that she grew a good bond with some people at the institute. But he didn't know that it wasn't always the case.

"Even with them, I only started letting them get close just a couple of months ago." Adelaide tells him which makes Dean a little bit shocked as he nods his head. "But I don't regret it and I don't think I'll regret this either." She admits as she nudges him a little bit. "Letting you in." She elaborates and she could tell that it meant a lot to him but he was still going to forever resent himself for never going back to her.