(1) 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐡 ✓

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

TO SAY THAT EVERYTHING THAT HAS HAPPENED HAS AFFECTED ADELAIDE DRASTICALLY WOULD BE AN UNDERSTATEMENT. Jace leaving with Valentine and Valentine telling her that she was nothing, that she wasn't as powerful as people deemed her to be. It affected her confidence. She knew she shouldn't let it but there was nothing she could do. She was always self conscious about herself and now with what Valentine said, it shook her.

Part of her wanted to leave and never come back, to let everyone else deal with Valentine but she knew she couldn't do that. Because she had grown close to the small group and to leave now, she couldn't live with herself. Adelaide knew back when Clary first arrived that she shouldn't get close to any of them because something like this could happen, but she didn't listen to herself. And now look where she was.

Adelaide hits one dummy to the ground before turning to the other, her blood pumping as she stared angrily at it. She needed to get it all out but she was stressed too much that she could barely even focus on training.

"You should really be resting." Alec's voice pipes up making her scoff. She didn't need a baby sitter and she wasn't going to do what he said because she didn't need to rest. She needed to train in order to beat Valentine.

"I'm fine." Adelaide says, not even glancing at the man as she clenches her fists lightly, glaring at nothing in particular.

"Adelaide, overworking yourself isn't going to help Jace." Alec tells her and she only scoffs as she throws another blow to the dummy.

"Yes, It is." Adelaide responds as she suddenly stops and turns towards Alec. "Because if I can't get my powers to where they should be then I can't defeat Valentine." She admits and Alec furrows his eyebrows, she didn't have to do this alone.

"It isn't all on your shoulders." Alec tells her and Adelaide only shakes her head.

"It is! Jace went with him to save my life!" Adelaide points out making Alec frown lightly. "I am going to get him back no matter what it takes." She states as she turns back to the dummy, her staff glowing lightly as she used her powers to make it stronger. Adelaide hits the dummy repeatedly which causes Alec to sigh.

"You're gonna hurt yourself." He tells her but she doesn't stop. Alec shakes his head as he walks over to her. "Stop it." Alec grabs a hold of her, pulling her away but she only struggles against his hold.

"Just leave me alone!" Adelaide rips herself from his grip and Alec raises his hands in defence, backing away from her slightly. "He was right. I'm nothing!" Adelaide adds, and Alec knew who she was talking about. "I'm not like my mother, I'm not even good at being either a warlock or a shadowhunter." Adelaide snaps at him and Alec didn't like what she was saying about herself. She was one of the best shadowhunters he knew.