(23) 𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐬 *

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

JACE WAS IN THE SHOWER, finally getting some time to himself after the hectic couple of days that they'd had. He was grateful that they got Valentine back where he belonged and Banished Azazel but finding out he was a Herondale was something that was going to take him a little longer to process. Plus, he and Adelaide hadn't talked anymore about what he said. It wasn't like he was going to suddenly take it all back, but he was wondering if they were going to acknowledge it or just go back to the way things were.

A knock on the door is heard but before he has the chance to say something, someone is already walking into the bathroom. "Jace." Adelaide's voice rings out, and so does the click of the door making him poke his head out of the shower to see the girl just staring at him.

"Wha-i am in the shower," Jace tells her as he grabs the shower curtain to hold over his lower body. He knows she's seen it before but now it was more about decency towards Alec.

"I need to ask you something," Adelaide says as she leans against the counter looking at him. Jace's eyes widened and it seemed to him like it hadn't clicked in her brain that this wasn't the place to have a conversation.

"No, get out!" He demands as he gestures towards the door.

"It's about Alec," Adelaide says and Jace rests his head against the shower wall with a groan. "Please you know him better than anyone." She adds as she stares at the man with pleading eyes. Jace could tell she really needed his help and it was about Alec so a couple minutes wouldn't hurt.

"Fine." Jace sighs as he looks at the girl who lifts herself up to sit on the counter.

"So you know his birthday is coming up, right?" Adelaide asks as she fiddles with her fingers.

"Yeah," Jace replies with a nod, he knew it was tomorrow but he was still curious to where this conversation was going.

"What should I do?" Adelaide asks and Jace only rolls his eyes a little bit.

"You've still known in for five years." Jace points out but those five years were not exactly great. They were barely on speaking terms for the first two.

"But I haven't been his girlfriend!" Adelaide pointed out with a groan as she didn't want to do anything wrong. "I should do something right?" She asked and he only stared back at her

"Right." Jace answers as he really didn't know if Alec cared enough to have something done for him but then again, if it was Adelaide planning it, maybe he wanted it.