20

,,Wait! What?" I asked absolutely frightened and terrified. I wasn't expecting this at all!

Why now? Why now? But I managed to pull myself together and asked him where everyone was.

"Come with me, quick!"

he said and started running. Out of sheer instinct I took out my sword and followed him with quick steps. The familiar feeling of fighting, the fresh and cool wind and the salty smell of the sea drilled into my core. This felt so familiar. Almost like back then...

We ran trough the woods and after some time we reached the beach near the main camp. Things were pretty intense. The enemy troops were in the majority.

Numerous injured People were spread all over the beach. I didn't want to talk about the dead at all.

Damn Gorou where are you? I wondered and threw myself into the crowd of fighting soldiers with a scowl on my face. I've swung my sword again, using my Anemo power bestowed on me by the gods to protect my comrades. The soldier who had brought me here fought beside me.

Upon closer inspection I saw Captain Beidou. She nodded at me and called out something, but I couldn't hear it. It was too loud. I didn't have to think long and knew we didn't stand a chance. The fight was already decided I could have fought as long and as well as I wanted. It wouldn't help.

"Fight guys! For our freedom!"

someone shouted and I could only smile when I realized that this was actually Gorou himself. Luckily...I thought to myself and fought my way through because I had to go to him. On the way there I got a hit on the back of my head.

,,Fuck"

I fell to the ground in pain holding my aching head. I narrowed my eyes and stood up unsteadily. I wasn't used to this strain of combat. Definitely not. Back when he was alive, it was so easy for me. Well back then I trained with him almost every day.

,,Kazuha everything okay!?"

Shouted Beidou and I nodded weakly. I had to go to Gorou immediately.

Out of nowhere I heard a whooshing noise. Bubbles sprang up everywhere drenching the battlefield. The combatants looked around in confusion. Then suddenly she appeared. Kokomi. I smiled as soon as I saw her. Thank Archons. Maybe we weren't lost after all.

,,Don't worry comrades! Now I'm here"

She said. But suddenly her facial expression changed as she looked into the crowd. Her gaze lingered sideways.

She mouthed the word ,,General" silently. Her eyes widened and she grabbed her heart with her hand.
My gaze immediately wandered in the direction in which she looked so disturbed.
Then I saw it.

,,NO! GOROU!"

...

To be continued

...

Just here to remind y'all that this story ends in probably two or three chapters guys

Hope everyone had a great day