Chapter 12: Nemesis

Alice's POV

"Staff." I directed, pointing at the dead body.

"It's... wood!?" Cade demanded, pulling a stick out and throwing it across the room.

"Oh frag." I muttered.

"We came all this way for a stick!? It must be here somewhere. Alice, do some fancy magic and find it!" Cade said, running over to a giant dead bot.

"It doesn't work like that." I frowned, looking around.

Suddenly the knight Cade was on shifted and Cade fell off, running back to us.

"Shoot shoot!" Cade yelled at Viviane, who had grabbed his gun.

"No, don't shoot! Run!" I grabbed her wrist and pulled her away.

"Alice, use your powers and melt this dude!" Cade yelled as we ran away.

"It doesn't work like that! Didn't pay any attention when we were fighting TRF back in that abandoned town!? If I could do that, Megatron would be dead!" I yelled at him.

"What can you do!?" He demanded.

Huh.

I turned around and put my hands in the ground, pulling heat from the bot and into the floor, melting it. Water started to gush out, but his pedes sank into the soft metal and he got stuck.

He raised his sword and swung it at me. I yelped and jumped back, just barely avoiding the tip of the blade.

"Go! Go! Go!" I yelled as gunfire erupted, shooting at the trapped knight.

"Sorry!" I yelled to him as we took off again.

"TRF is here!" Cade said.

"Who is that!?" Viviane asked.

"The bad guys!" I answered.

The exit suddenly closed and we turned around.

"Move! We're sitting ducks!" Cade yelled and we ran back into the chamber with TRF and the bot.

Viviane tripped over the wooden staff and it flickered metal.

"Oh my primus." I gasped, grabbing it and shoving it into her hands.

Immediately, it began to transform from wood to metal and she stared at it in shock as power gushed from it.

The men ran up to us and pointed their guns.

"Drop the weapon! Do it!" Lennox told her.

I stepped in front of Viviane, "I got this."

They all cried out simultaneously, dropping their guns as steam rose up into the air.

"Kid, you don't know what you're dealing with." Lennox told me.

"No, soldier. It is you who does not know what you're dealing with. Cybertron is in the sky. You may not know what we are doing, but if there is even the slightest chance that we can save the planet, you should be helping." I told him.

The guy next to him pulled out a tactical knife.

"We're going to need you to give us the staff." He ordered.

"Believe me. I know what it is like to be afriad. You want to hurt your enemies, but you are blinded. Don't attack us." I reasoned.

He glanced at his knife, "What-"

Another one of the knights jumped out of the wall.

"Protect the staff!" He groaned, his body weak with old age and wounds.