Chapter 8: Return

Cade's POV

"Take it. The talisman will protect you." The bot insisted.

"No. It's yours. I couldn't." I told him.

The bot leaned back before his optics flickered off. I sighed and got out, holding up my walkie-talkie.

"He didn't make it bee. Sorry. It's been a bad day." I said.

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, stand a littler taller~." He replied.

I rolled my eyes before spotted a police car driving closer. It suddenly transformed and I froze as three green dots appeared on my chest.

Uh oh.

I dropped my bags and stood still as the soldiers approached.

I got down on my knees and put my hands up as a man walked in front of me.

"It's over. Help yourself out here. Where are the others?" He asked. "The ones you're hiding."

"I don't sell out friends." I told him.

"Friends? This is an invasion. One day you'll wake up and they'll be in charge." The man said.

"You see anybody in charge? They just keep falling out of the sky. Something is coming and you can't shoot your way out of it. We need them and they need us." I told him.

Off to the side, an engine revved and Bumblebee came speeding out, guns blazing. I lunged forward and knocked out the guy in front of me as Bumblebee took care of the others.

He aimed his cannon at their leader as everyone else aimed their weapons at me. I aimed my gun at the leader man too.

"Shoot shoot! Take the shot!" He yelled.

"He'll be dead before your bullets land." I told them.

"I can burn you so bad you'll feel it when you were a child." Bumblebee threatened.

"Wait! Bee, stop!" A man ran out, the old leader of N.E.S.T.

"You, put your weapon down." He ordered.

"I'm not putting my weapon down for anyone." I told him.

"Come on Bee, you remember me." Lennox said, "We don't want to do this, but you're illegal now. These guys are in charge."

"They only want a home and you know it. You push and they'll push back." I told him.

Hound rolled in and pulled his own guns out.

"Sorry I'm late to the party." He grinned, "But your favorite Autobot is here now."

I put my gun down, "Come on, Bee. They're not going to touch us."

Lennox looked at us helplessly.

Bumblebee transformed and I jumped into his passenger seat before we started speeding off back to base.

I got out and looked at Jimmy, "Any word from Alice?"

"No, she is still gone. Has been for two years. When are you going to wake up and realize she isn't coming back?" He asked me.

I grabbed his shirt, "She is coming back."

"Yeah yeah, whatever you say."

I growled and ignored the others fighting off in the distance.

Two years ago Optimus Prime left the Earth to find his makers. Joshua bought us a house and paid for Tessa and Shane's tuition. Alice stayed with me and the bots and her mother even moved in, who was old and sick.