"Why would I be?"

"I don't know. I'm sorry..?"

Fuck.

"Are you sure there's nothing like...wrong?" I continued, trying to fix things but clearly I made Soyeon even more upset.

"There isn't." She said, sounding more irritated.

"Did you and Soojin argue about me or some-"

Soyeon stood up.

"Why are you so fucking interested in my life?!"

No response from me. Obviously.

Olivia and I watched as Soyeon quickly exited the bathroom and left us in, standing there in an awkward silence. I breathed in her cigarette smoke for a bit until I felt her finally turn to look at me, and chuckled a bit.

"I know you probably need like a hug right now or something but um... I'm not exactly the best at comforting people." Olivia said. I forced a smile.

"I don't need a hug. I need a way for Soyeon to not be angry at me and hang out with me." I replied.

"Well, you probably shouldn't take my advice, but I have an interesting idea."

"Just tell me," I said.

"Go to her house."

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me, go to Soyeon's house. I can get Soojin to sneak you in and hide in there, watch her every move for one night and then like just show up in front of her."

What the fuck am I hearing.

"Are you serious?" I asked. "What the fuck?!"

"You don't have to listen to me, but it can work, you know."

"And how exactly are you gonna get Soojin to sneak me in?"

"Well, she was gonna babysit their dogs or something this week, so she's probably at their house right now." Olivia answered. "And, even if she isn't, she has a spare key to their house."

I didn't say anything.

"So, Yuqi, are you up for it?"

~~•~~

So I went. I listened to her.

Olivia and I walked all the way to Soyeon's neighbourhood and then into her building. As expected, Soojin was actually there, but she looked really surprised to see me.

"Hey," She said. "How are you two?"

Haku and Mata started to bark at me so I would pet and play with them. They're so fucking adorable, and Soojin is lucky to be dogsitting them.

"So, Soojin, Yuqi needs your help." Olivia said. "Where can she hide in this house for one night?"

Soojin looked at us weirdly. "Just tell Soyeon you like her. Why hide in her-"

"No, no. It's not about that. Just tell me a place." I interrupted.

"Storage room. Follow me."

I followed behind Soojin down a corridor, and she opened a door for me. It wasn't really spacious in there, but I might actually be able to sleep in it.

"They rarely go in here. Like, once in two months or something." She said, smiled at me, then closed the door and left me in the dark. I found the light switch and turned it on, and luckily, I don't think it was visible from under the door or something. I heard Soojin and Olivia leave together, and now I was alone, in my crush's house.