4. Dangerous Hints

Lev's Perspective

I open my eyes, as the sun shines on my face. I yawn, looking to my right just to see a dark-haired boy cuddled up next to me. I smile while looking at him and moving a strand of hair from his face.

Jentzen starts to wake up, realizing the position he was in and slowly moving away. "Good Morning!" he says mid-yawn. "Morning," I tell him with a smile. "What are we doing today?" he asks. "I have no idea," I tell him. "That means we have time to hang out!" he exclaims with a smile.

I go to the kitchen to look for my mom, but she is nowhere to be seen. I start making scrambled eggs with bacon, as I hear Jentzen walking behind me. He comes next to me and sits on the counter. "What are you making?" he asks with a sleepy voice. "Eggs and bacon!" I answer, smiling at him afterward. After quite a long silence, Jentzen points out. "You look so cute when you smile". "What?" I ask, laughing nervously. "I'm not joking, I'm being serious," he says, smiling at me afterward. I looked at him with feelings I'd never felt before, it was like his words were pulling me in to fall deeper and deeper.

Suddenly, I get a text from Piper "Hi Levv! There is a sudden change of plans so you need to come over at 1 PM to film a video. Bring exercise clothes! Love you!!". I stare at her text blankly, with no emotion whatsoever. "Her again? I thought we were going to hang out!" Jentzen said in a frustrated tone. "I know I wanna hang out too, but you can come with me if you want," I explain as I almost feel the same way as Jentzen does, disappointed.

We get to Piper's house and she greets me with a long hug and a soft kiss, I couldn't help but notice Jentzen's' disappointed and sad expression. I felt like I'd committed a crime, for kissing my girlfriend. "Today we're going to film a video of us learning a dance together!" she explained.

We get to the dancing studio, and we are learning the dance. There are some romantic parts in between the moves, this isn't my style of dancing but I guess I'll try...We get to learning the last moves of the dance, where I have to twirl Piper and lean in to kiss her. We're dancing to the finished choreography, with romantic music and lights, as we get to the kissing part. Before we do, I look at Jentzen in the corner of my eye. He looks like he wants to cry. Unfortunately, here it comes. As I'm going in for the kiss, Piper turns her head to the camera and acts surprised, so it looks like I kissed her on the cheek, not on the lips. I was confused, but put my happy face on.

After the kiss, I saw Jentzen covering his eyes and storming out the studio, I started to chase after him. "Jentzen!... JENTZEN!" I scream at the top of my lungs as he almost walks out on the working road. I run as fast as I can, and I make it just in time to pull him back. I give him the tightest embrace with tears in my eyes, as I could've just seen my best friend gone. "Lev.." Jentzen says with a breaking voice and tears in his eyes. "Lev I can't do this anymore!" he yells. "What do you mean? I almost lost you!" I yell back. "Lev, I can't stand you being with Piper!" he explains. "What? Why?" I ask confused. "Lev, I-... I lo-...." he stutters.

I look at him, tears running down my face, not knowing how to feel. What is he trying to say? Do I keep quiet? Should I tell Piper? I almost lost Jentzen! My thoughts are coming in and out of my mind, like a hurricane that I can't comprehend.But, the way he can't stand the thought of me and Piper being together, and it makes him shiver out of disgust...is there a chance that he likes...no, loves me?