"Biter bait. Can we atleast have some fun with 'er first?" the other asks, Betty glares at him.

"Hell no! Come on, them biters are near!" Betty says, they follow her.

Stupidly, they didn't check their bait for weapons.

All five of the group hit the ground.

Amethyst still holds the pistol in her hand weakly, her breathing slow and painful. Her arm falls back down, but the sound of walker growls forces her to get up.

"Don't give up now, Bubbly! What did you always tell my daddy when he was sad?" A young voce calls out, Amethyst grunts and stands up.

"If you're still breathing, you can keep fighting" the hallucination of Sadie says, Amethyst starts limping towards the familiar path, carvings on trees making her ignore the silence from the walkers.

"Ngh" Amethyst whines, looking down and sees blood flowing from somewhere a rip in her shirt, just under her collarbone.

"Fuck you too" she whispers, remembering when she was fighting back and one of the men hit her with a letter opener.

Looking up, she sees the familiar tree, fresh flowers bloomed on its branches. Amethyst follows the little girl running in the field, towards the barn that looks like it could fall any minute.

"Don't go in there, Sadie!" Amethyst says, reaching the barn right as the young girl turns the corner of the broken boards.

Amethyst turns into the barn but falls onto her knees, her head hurting.

"...Sadie..... stop" Amethyst whispers, the dark spots in her eyes getting wider.

Hitting the ground, Amethyst is forced into the dark. Waking up hours later, she drags herself to sit against a wall, passing out just as quickly. But her mind didn't get the message.

Nightmare, Flashback

Amethyst opens her eyes, feeling something laying on her stomach. She looks down, a smile on her lips when she sees Sadie.

"Mommy went to check the traps you set up" Sadie says, Amethyst laughs.

"Your mama already knows she should've woken me up" Amethyst says, Sadie looks up at her aunt with a smile, "Alrighty then, nugget. What do ya wanna do while we wait for your mama?" Amethyst asks, Sadie giggles and sits up.

"Draw!" she says, Amethyst nods and watches as her niece gets her broken crayons and draws a starfish, with little eyes.

"Cute" Amethyst mumbles.

_______________

Walking along the road, Roxy and Amethyst keep an eye out. Amethyst occasionally growling when a walker pops out of nowhere.

"The dead ones are slowing down" Amethyst says, putting her machete through the walker's head, Roxy adjusts her child's arms around her neck.

"Sadie, promise me when you get married. You'll marry someone who knows how to use a gun" Amethyst says, walking next to Roxy, who kicks her.

"I will, Bubbly! I want to marry someone just like daddy!" Sadie says, kissing Roxy's cheek when she turns her head.

"Your dad had a baby face, which you got by the way" Amethyst says, a grin on her face at the eye roll she gets from Roxy.

"Sadie, cover your ears" Roxy says, Sadie nods, covering her ears while Roxy turns to her sister.

"Unlike you, I don't prefer guys who'd fuck me against a tree. I like guys who would find romantic things to do" Roxy says, Amethyst laughs.