Mr. CDC was Right

Freya's POV

I close the book I was reading and look over at Duane, whose been staring out the window in my room. Rick decided it'd be a good idea to have me actually have a permanent room, instead of staying in my dad's room whenever.

So, now, I have the extra room in Roxy and Amethyst's house. Duane's room was the closest to Roxy's so he has been staying in my room the past two weeks. Duane told me when we first got here, that he chose that room cause it was in between Roxy and Amethyst, made it easier for him to protect them.

Not only are we dealing with this, but Dad ran off earlier. Rosita, Glenn, and Michonne went after him. Yesterday, him, Rosita and our doctor, Denise, went out on a run for medicine since we're low on it. In the end, Denise died. They were ambushed on the tracks. I'm pretty sure dad thinks it's his fault. I wanted to go but Glenn told me no.

"Want something to eat?" I ask, he shakes his head and I walk out of the room. By the time I get in the hallway, the smell of bleach instantly hits my nose and I accidentally cough, I walk down the hall after pulling up my mask and find that the smell is coming from Roxy's room.

Walking in, I see Amethyst roughly scrubbing the floor by the bed, the mattress sheets and blankets are sitting by the door, blood on them, the mattress has blood on the left side of it, rope tied to the bed post. Based on the blood placement, Roxy was laying down when she did it.

The sound of sniffling catches my attention, my eyes move back to Amethyst and she's looking at me. She quickly stands up and walks to me, pulling me out of the room, shutting the door when we're in the hallway.

"You shoul- can't be here" she stutters, her voice scratchy, I frown at her but an idea pops up in my head.

"Duane and I are going to Abraham's. He's gonna take us on watch with him, and he can make anybody laugh" I say, she only nods and turns back to the room but stops.

"Duane saw Roxy another mom. He lost two now. Keep his mind away from it" she says, opening the door and shutting it. I sigh and walk back to the room, only to see Duane standing I the doorway, a sad smile on his face.

"You go on ahead to Abraham. I'll follow you" he says, I nod and he walks by me towards Roxy's room. He stands in front of the door. I give him a reassuring smile and walk down the stairs to sit outside on the porch.

3rd Person POV

Duane stares at the door with intense eyes, he reaches for the doorknob and turns it but it doesn't open, he rolls his eyes and walks back to his room.

He reaches under his bed and pulls out the box marked 'Roxy'. Opening the box, he digs under his bed and pulls out the box marked 'Roxy'. Opening the box, he digs through it and finds a key.

He walks out of the room, his feet hitting the floor quietly. Reaching for the doorknob, he puts the key in the keyhole and unlocks it.

"Amethyst..." Duane mumbles, looking at the woman scrubbing the floor, covering his nose when the smell of bleach makes him dizzy. Duane quickly moves to her and kneels next to the woman, who is still scrubbing the floor, a bucket full of bloody water.

He grabs her arms to stop her, he's shocked when he hears a sob come from her. He gets her to stop and quickly unties her mask.

"It's okay to cry" he says, using his bandana to wipe the blood off her hands but frowns when blood breaks through her skin.

"Your hands look like you punched someone" he weakly jokes, tying his bandanna around her knuckles.

"She's gone" Amethyst whispers, Duane nods and takes the brush out of her hand, hanging it off the bucket.