Jesus Of Hilltop

3rd Person POV

Amethyst groans when she starts to wake up, moving her arms to cover her face. She freezes when she doesn't feel the plastic of her mask, her eyes quickly open and she looks around where she is, until her mind clicks with realization. She looks over at the window and sighs when it isn't even dawn yet.

Looking next to her, she almost jumps seeing Daryl there, she scowls when she notices he didn't sleep under the covers. She thinks about leaving but lays back down against her better judgement.

Amethyst stares at Daryl with curious eyes. Like a confused kitten who was given a toy mouse but doesn't know what to do. Carefully, she reaches over and moves his hair from his face, not expecting the hand that grips her wrist.

Amethyst gasps at the piercing blue eyes looking at her, staring her down, she lets her eyes linger on his own but they leave when he releases her wrist. She quickly reaches to the nightstand and puts her mask on.

"I leave" Amethyst says quickly getting out of the bed, Daryl huffs and grabs her arm when she tries to open the window.

"Stitches" he says, noticing her arm holding her side, she stares at him but he pulls her away from the window.

"You'll make it worse, more work for the doc" he says, she only stares at him.

"I'm fine" she mumbles, pulling her arm from him as she starts to open the window, Daryl watches in amusement as she climbs out the window, climbing down the ladder still leaned against the house.

"Thanks last night" she says, climbing down quickly. Daryl just stares at where she was sitting at the window sill only a minute ago.

Freya's POV

I open my eyes and look up to see Duane smiling at me, I feel embarrassment running up my neck and get out of the bed.

"Morning" I mumble, smiling at him, he chuckles.
"A good morning, I would say" he says, I roll my eyes and take a look at his arm.
"Denise said she wants to re-wrap my arm and I can leave" he says, sitting up, I nod with a grin.

"Good!" I say, smiling at him, I look at the door when I see Morgan.
"Morning you two" he says, I smile at him.
"Hi, Momo. I'm gonna go bug my dad" I say, he nods letting me move by him after I say a quick bye to Duane.

I run onto the sidewalk and look around at the dead bodies that are being moved into piles.

"Dixie!" I call, seeing him and Rick walking on the sidewalk. He only hums as they both look at me.
"What's up?" Rick asks, I smile mischievously.

"Clouds" I say, giggling when Dad starts tickling me.
"Eeeek!" I squeal, running away from them, Loki joining my side as I run.

I look back and see Rick laughing while Dad is just shaking his head, a small smile on his face.

I smile as I look around Alexandria.

We're finally gonna be okay.

We're okay now, Theo. You don't have to worry about us up there.

----------------------

Weeks later

Theo. I was wrong.

Are the only words I think as I stare at the sleeping man with long hair.

"Why can't I get a closer look at him?" I ask Dad, he grunts as he closes the cell door.
"Why are ya down here? Shouldn't ya be bugging what's her face?" he says, glaring at the man who can't even glare back since he is sleeping. We walk out of the basement/cell room and stand against the wall.