ashes

ashes Doctor Who
Jasper knocked heavily against the front door. He hoped that she would respond this time, and he wouldn't have to retrieve his spare keys from the mess within his bag.

Since bringing her home after the Battle of Canary Wharf, she hasn't left.

It's been 2 months.

He's the only visitor she gets.

Luckily today, he brings good news. News which seems to spur the house keys into his hand quicker than usual. He unlocked the door and knocked on it quietly as he entered.

"Penelope?"

"Couch."

He closed and locked the door behind him, dumping his bags by the door and taking his shoes off before making his way into the front room. She was laying on the couch, in the exact same position he left her in yesterday night.

"I've got an offer." She didn't look at him, continuing to stare blankly at the walls. But she hummed, showing she was listening. "A small group of us are planning on setting up Torchwood again, but making it better."

"What else?"

"We need someone who knows the most about aliens to head the entire operation."

"Congratulations, good luck finding anyone who knows enough real information to be useful."

"That is where you come in."

"Oh, right, you want me to help weed out the people who are lying just to get the job."

"Penelope. We want you.. to run Torchwood."