Chapter V - Not a sinner

Guardian Assistant D2R639 Downloaded correctly, all systems have been initiated

Accessing transmissions from Reporting Device H3M8472, here it is H.3G603011S901306P3 First Encounter. Oh, so this is where my Guardian comes from, a being from a planet outside of the universal parliament; and he's a humanoid, unprecedented! This must be an exceptional specimen, how exciting! He's just in the north wing of the station, if I get a transport here I'll catch him in no time.

Time Pools to the left, on my radar it shows he's right here, he needs to give me access to his control chip ASAP; now, now, easy D2, you don't want to give a bad impression. Right, he's my superior, and I'm here to support him; even if I can't see on which floor of this endless labyrinth of pools he is.

I think I got it, there he is; Humanoid number four of planet "Earth", I can't wait to see the things we achieve together! He is connected to one of the pools, I probably should let him finish his conversation but while we are here let's see if we can learn more about him. It can't be... is he talking with someone from his home planet? It seems like we have a rebel in our midst, the excitement level is even higher than anticipated; calm your drivers D2, remember you are here to support our Guardian! Right, right! I'll support him. What better way to support him than to know about his secret call? I'm sure he won't notice me if I just slide behind the pool, he's four times my size, I'll be fine; oh, it seems he just made contact...

"Amy, can you hear me?" Oh look at him waiting desperately for a message coming from a different time frequency to be fully decoded, I guess that understanding how the time pools work doesn't make it any less frustrating to talk with someone on a higher time frequency.

"Thomas? Amore, is that you? It can't be, I must finally be going insane." He's calling a loved one, how romantic. But he needs to stop stressing, it's only natural that messages seem to take forever to arrive for him, I guess the theory is never as illustrative as the practice. At least he is getting the destination frequency right, otherwise she would be getting the messages at super speed; but of course, an earthling wouldn't know that, for her it can probably be explained as any other regular radio transmitted communication.

"It's me mi cielo, it's me!" Terrestrial beings release water from their eyes when confronted with extreme emotions, interesting, only a few humanoid species left with those; I hope this doesn't affect his combat abilities, but I guess it's only natural for an organic from a civilization with no advanced genetic engineering programs to miss their mating partners.

"I can't believe it, the thought of never hearing your voice again had finally taken root, but yet here you are!" She sounds even worse than him.

"Trust me, if I could, I would have contacted you much earlier; I'm sorry, you sound like all hope has abandoned you, how long has it been?" His voice cracking, his legs shaking, he doesn't seem to want to know the answer to that question.

"Amy, can you hear me? This thing is supposed to create a hologram of you, but all I can see is a distorted background." I'm guessing this is why they don't let Guardians operate pools until they have finished their program, I mean look at him, he's fighting the helmet without being able to get the right frequency; that helmet is beating him harder than his Terrestrial mother ever did.