Chapter II - Not a Sin

H-1: All I could feel was the freezing air, like knives stabbing my lungs from within; my legs and arms tightly strapped to the inside of this metallic coffin; the nauseous rumbling of my cage which kept being dropped

H-1: All I could feel was the freezing air, like knives stabbing my lungs from within; my legs and arms tightly strapped to the inside of this metallic coffin; the nauseous rumbling of my cage which kept being dropped. My head was still buzzing from the roar of the engines and the creaking of metallic platforms on which Machines and cybernetic organisms from all over the Universe dragged the cages and boxes towards what I could only describe as a factory. A factory where all of us considered "miserable creatures", the majority still in Cryo, would be altered forever using biomechanical and cybernetic techniques developed throughout millennia by the Machines; recycling all they could from living organisms, thus growing and feeding their army's lines in the most efficient way possible.

Once you've seen a Type 4 Civilization station you find them quite easy to recognize, a Dyson Sphere which harvests the energy of its Star or Black Hole in order to provide energy for an entire Type 2 or higher Civilization. Countless rings rotate around the source of energy with Artificial Satellite Stations the size of mega planets spinning around those rings. The rings work as highways for vehicles to travel at supersonic speeds across the station, mostly transporting raw materials. There is constant vigilance throughout the entire station; it is a perfect symbiotic balance where many different organisms perform different services. I couldn't see much through the holes of my cage, but I knew I was "delivered" to one of those Stations, an imposing structure that began at the outskirts of the Satellite Station and ended at its very core. The dark metal surrounding the structure would reflect all the colors from the celestial bodies behind us, traversing the endless layers of the Dyson Sphere, and timidly reaching the deepest corners of the massive intergalactic station.

As I was being transported from the main ring of the Sphere to the Satellite Station I began to recall some of the happiest moments of my life.

When I was 18 I went to Germany to study biology at the Humboldt University in Berlin. It had always been my dream to study at the same University as Albert Einstein, I've always admired him deeply. The contrast in this city between the east and the west, soviet against western influence, all watched by the vigilant modern buildings which integrate into the scenery with an impeccable sense of style and modernism, the monuments to the victims of war crimes and to those who gave their lives to stop them from continuing. Besides, of course, the nightlife of the city, which any single lady may fancy; Berlin has something for every taste, and I'm not only talking about music.

My colleagues from university and I would always like to discuss the different abstract possibilities for the nature of our reality. Some of my friends loved the simulation theory, Neo, Elon Musk, the hall thing. One of these friends was a guy named Mathew; he was a California boy with the sun in his eyes; we spent countless hours giving each other chills, sweat, and pleasure. I fell for the stereotypical baby face western guy all Japanese teenagers dream about, but he was patient and he had a marvelous curiosity. We would always torment each other with the same things.

Still in bed, with the sun already intruding in our bedroom, I asked hi"Have you ever thought about the fact that from 3.6 billion years of life on Earth humans only account for about 250.000 years (%)?"