"It wasn't her fault"Raphael at once stepped in to defend Nicole.
"The brakes were faulty. Look mr..."

"Miles"he completed for Raphael.

"Yes Mr Miles. I'm sorry for what you had to go through. Be rest assured that your bills are well taken cared off"

He gave a gloaty smile at both Raphael and Nicole. "You shouldn't do that you know. I can take care of my bills"

Raphael slightly upheaved his hand at him."That's the least we can do. Don't be bothered about that. Here..."

Raphael tucked in his hands in one of the front pockets of his pants and brought out his business card.
Nicole was so surprised at Raphael's kind gesture.
In the function they attended, Raphael never gave out his card to anyone. Reverse was the case as he kept on recieving endless piles of business cards with the promise of reaching back to them.

Miles hesitated before collecting it.
"It's my card. Feel free to contact me Mr miles"

Miles scrutinised the card before adopting a pleasant smile. "I sure will. It was nice meeting both of you"

Raphael gave a slow droop of his head and helped Nicole to her feet once more.
Nicole flashed Miles a smile before facing Raphael. "I can walk Raph"she whispered with reddened cheeks noticing he was about bending to pick her up again.

"Are you sure?"

She gave a slow nod and he reluctantly agreed and assisted her hobbling steps.

Miles watch them go.
He had his lips pulled in tightly and his brows twitched slightly.

"Jackpot"

RUSSIA

The salty air kissed her cheeks and the wind whipped her hair across her face. The roaring wave banged across the rocky shore of the beach.
She would have been more enthralled by the natural beauty of the beach if not for the figure that ate her attention.

Alina listened to her dad thunder orders to his goons on the phone and a sad look washed upon her face.
She never liked this criminal organisation he ran. She hated it the more knowing that her father was bent on ruining Raphael for the sins of his grandfather.

She wished her grandfather was alive. Unlike Armani;his ruthless and vicious counterpart, Andrei was a man with a generous heart.

Although feared, Andrei never spilled blood unnecessary except when his loved ones were under threat. He advocated for peace between the two groups and was willing to form a marriage alliance by marrying off his eldest son Lev to Armani's daughter, Maya.

Unfortunately things didn't walk out the way he planned and both him and his son lost their lives in the process leaving Ivan bittered and resentful as he had lost his father and elder brother.

Armani was smart to pass the mantle to Raphael, his grandson after usurping his own son inlaw from the seat. He moulded Raphael to be as ruthless as he was, probably that was his mistake.

Raphael never followed his orders and he was brave enough to challenge Armani's right in his Mafia. It always left Armani disappointed yet pleased at how daring his grandson was.

Alina knew fully well that if Raphael's authority, power and existence vanished, the mafia would crumble with no one coming in to replace him. Armani would be at cross roads if Raphael ever had an untimely demise and his mafia would fall, giving her father, Ivan, the broad gateway to destroy him totally.

She wished she could stop what she saw as madness that would spark an unending flow of blood but she was helpless. She felt like she was the only blood of Andrei that actually didn't hate Raphael..which she probably was.