Chapter 12: Change

Your P.O.V.

I decided to go to Central City to have a day with friends and family. The first person to visit was Henry. I found he was staying with Barry for a while before he found his own place, so I flew there. I knocked on the door to be greeted by the man that raised my best friend. "Henry!" "Y/n!" 

We both hugged before he widened the door to let me enter. "Have you talked to Barry?" He asked, concerned for his son. "No, I still haven't seen him." Henry nodded his head as he sat on the couch, "Then you don't know that he's fighting a man named Zoom?" I looked at the window before replying, "I've heard of the name, but I don't know much about it." I sat on the couch across from him, "How's everything going with you, Henry?" He smiled at my question and said, "Great, I feel so free and I love it." We talked for a few hours before I left to check out STAR Labs. When I entered the building, I heard load sirens going off and heard a man say, "Lift your hands and turn slowly to your left!" Out of fear, I listened to the man and did as he said. Once I turned, my eyes landed on the guy I called my brother, "Y-Y/n?" He spoke, shocked and baffled. I smiled and said, "Are you gonna shoot me if I move?" He ignored my response and ran towards me, "You're back!" I hugged my friend and whispered, "I'm sorry." After we talked for a few minutes, he led me to the cortex where everyone else was. I saw a man next to Barry and smiled. He waved his hands towards me and smiled back. Everyone hugged and greeted me, until I was met with Barry. "Hi, Barry.." I spoke quietly, "Hi, Y/n…" Awkwardly, the man next to him spoke, "I'm sorry, I don't think we met." I turned my attention to him and smiled, "My name is Jay, Jay Garrick." I shook his hand, saying my name, "Y/n, Y/n L/n." 

Caitlyn quickly spoke out, "Do you still have those powers?!" I turned to her and smiled, "Yeah, and I have wings as well." They all smiled and Cisco replied, "Can we please see them?! Please?! I want to be able to brag about your power!" I laughed and let them appear. My wings showed all the scars they had. They were huge and dangerous, but my friends didn't know who I truly was. "Woow!" Cisco said in awe. He pointed at a scar and asked, "What happened here?" I quickly told him a story of me accidentally cutting my wing with a knife. The whole time my friend was in awe, Barry saw my wings with a calculated look. Then he gasped. He gasped hard, "Y/h/n?" I looked at him seriously and replied, "Yes, runner boy?" 

While Barry was looking at me in an unrecognizable way, my other friends were gushing about me being a superhero. "So, you know who Green Arrow is?!" I laughed and said, "Guys, just don't tell anyone, okay. I'm trusting you with this." They all nodded and smiled. 

I never got the point of not telling others about my powers, if they knew about me they would be alert to the dangers around them. If they didn't know about me, then they would be oblivious to the dangers that happen around them. The only thing I didn't want was for my friends to tell my secret to the world because that would make me a bigger target as a civilian. All those connections I have would be in danger if they knew. So, I would tell my family, but I wouldn't tell everyone I knew. 

"So, what about Zoom?" Barry called out, changing the subject. 

They all talked about the subject that I didn't know anything about. I felt like an outcast with my friends. Jay walked over to me and whispered, "We've got some smart friends, don't we?" I giggled a bit, "Yeah, we do. They're pretty amazing." I turned to him and noticed he was fond of Caitlyn. Ooh! He likes her! 

"You should ask her out.." I smiled as I watched her focus on the conversation with Barry and Cisco. 

"Pfft, there's nothing there. We're just friends." 

I laughed at him, "You sound like a green-eyed blonde that I know." He smiled and continued looking at Caitlyn. After a few minutes of not doing anything, I just lightly walked out. I walked towards the elevator pushing the button to take me towards the parking.