Chapter Seven

The annoying sound of beeping woke him up

The annoying sound of beeping woke him up. The light of the room was aggravating but he quickly pushed those emotions aside to focused on what mattered. His eyes peeled open staring at the ceiling. Stiles hesitantly shuffled his eyes around the room. His wife sat at his side with her head rested on his lap and her hand interlaced with his own. Hotch was sleeping soundly in one of the chairs across from his bed confusing him. What is he doing here? Reid was silently reading a book highly focused on it's information. A small groan escaped his lips as the pain hit him harder than he thought. The men and woman widen their eyes when they see him fully awake.

Lizzy sits up abruptly and tightens her grip on her husbands hand. Hotch yells for a nurse while the other console him. Reid pushes him down firmly on the chest when he tries to sit up. "Careful, you're going to rip your stitches."

A nurse barged in with red scrubs and a white undershirt rolled up to the middle of her arms. She huffs out a breath in relief when she sees the sight before her. "Stiles..."

He grins wildly, "mom..." he says quietly. His team members and Lizzy look at him in surprise. They've never heard him call Melissa McCall 'mom' before.

"Stiles," she says again more saddened. He questions her frowning features when it hits him. He thinks back to the graveyard with Foyet and the way he spoke. He briefly remembers the last thing he said to him before he blacked out.

"The prodical son returns. You know the saying Stiles, keep your friends close but your enemies closer."

A single tear drips down his cheek as he stares between the four. Lizzy's face reddens as tears threaten her eyes. "Where is my dad?"

He looks around the room expecting to be gifted with someone from his father. Flowers and his father's Sherif's jacket are the only things left behind. He tilts his head to the sad as more tears fall. "What happened?"

Reid sits beside him across from Lizzy. "You've been out for two days. You lost a lot of blood. Raven was dropped off at Melissa's and Chris's before he came here. We assume he left something at home as he returned there. He texted us saying he'd be only ten minutes but he never showed."

Hotch stands from the corner of the room looking at the ground with his arms crossed. "He was brought here from his house. Foyet had paid a visit to him shortly after what happened with you. He left his calling card. I'm sorry, Stiles."

He didn't want to believe it. After his mother's passing his father was the only person he had. Although he now gained the team as family his father was the only blood relative he had. He regretted not trying to do more with his father. He held guilt in all the times he would lie to him to assure his safety from the supernatural. Lastly, he regretted most was not telling him enough just how much he loved him.

It hit him like a ton of bricks. The air left his lungs triggering a panic attack. His vitals sky rocketed making Melissa have to put an oxygen mask of his nose and mouth to help him breathe. He struggled to remain control. Everything was hitting him at once. First the case, then Scott, then his stabbing and now this? He didn't know which emotions to use.

Lizzy kept on reassuring him everything would be okay, that everyone would be okay even him. "Shush shush Stiles, it's okay, it's okay. Just breathe. I'm here for you baby. Just breathe. We're going to get through this," she repeated through her choppy breaths.

Hotch and Reid left giving them the room. Melissa sat by his side crying alongside him comforting him the best he could. His eyes increasing became bloodshot as he sat in despair.

He felt useless being injured and stuck in a bed. But most of all the anger within him rose at the thought of Foyet. He slowly began to pass out as his body became more relaxed and the tears have stopped. He pulled Melissa closer to him.

The two drifted off as Lizzy stayed next to him in the chair. She was never jealous of their relationship. She was fully aware of the mother/son connection they had since the beginning, before they even started dating. Too add she more so admired their relationship. Even after all the drama and the horror they remained insanely close.

She walked off into the hall to be surprisingly faced with the boy who she thought ruined his life. Scott stood with a mournful look across his face. She let herself smile slightly before further approaching him. "What are you doing here Scott?"

He looked at Stiles room through the window noticing his mother holding Stiles. Tears staining their cheeks as they both sleep soundly. "I never wanted this. I never wanted this for him. I was so selfish and insecure I never thought to just talk to him."

"Wait, wait, what are you talking about Scott?"

He stood in embarassment. His cheeks flushed a crimson red as his eyes linger to the floor. "The reason I kicked him out... it was never him, it was me. I purposely lied to Lydia to everyone just so they would stay away from him."

Lizzy pulled his arm dragging him to a chair in the hall. Together they sat side by side looking at each other as they talked. "Scott, your business with my husband is just that but if you need someone to talk to, to finally open up, I'm your girl." He chuckled at her optimism and nodded. "I'm serious Scott since he's arrived he may have acted like he didn't care but he did. He nearly had a breakdown on the jet before they even lifted off." He looks to her with regret. "When you're ready the door is open."

His puzzled eyes locked on her, "you speak like a mother, you know."

"Well, I am one," she laughs.

"Yeah but I mean you're young, how old are you?"

"Twenty four."

"You were nineteen when you married?"

"Yup." He remains silent allowing her to continue. "I should really get back in there, Scott. Whatever the reason was for kicking him out you should tell him and tell him soon. In a couple days he'll be ready to fly home."

He looks at her confused, "what about the case?"

"Haven't you heard? They caught him."