Chapter 1

The sound of keys echoed before the large, metal door opens, revealing two adults.

Walking inside, the adults saw a child, about 12 years old on a bed, straped down.

Woman: Is the straps necessary?

Man: Ms, the boy has been having nightmares and such...if anything you should be lucky you even got to see him...

The woman looks down before stepping forward, heading towards the child.

The boy turns to the woman, who was looking down at him, the boys eyes looking dull and dead.

Woman: Hello sweetie, I'm here to take you with me go my home.

The boy looks up at the woman, not knowing what to say.

Man: Ms, are you sure? This boy will be a handful.

Woman: Even children that's a handful deserve a chance of having a normal life.

He sighs, walking to the bed and undo the straps, making the boy able to sit up.

Woman: You'll be coming with me, come on sweetie.

The boy got up and went to walk when the woman gently touch his hand, making him jolt, feeling the warm hand of the woman beside him.

Woman: Come on.

The two exit the orphanage.
_______________________________________

The two enter the woman's house, the woman letting go of the boys frail hand.

Woman: Come on, I'll bring you to your room.

The boy didn't speak, just follow the woman to a room where she opened the door to reveal his new room.

The room was fairly big, maybe big enough for two people to share, a large bed, a TV and a few toys.

Woman: Sit down and rest and I'll come get you when Dinners ready.

The boy nods and walked inside the room.

Boy: Thank you ma'am.

Woman: Oh, no need for that, call me Anna...now what is your name?

Boy: Don't have one...

Anna looks at the boy before smiling.

Anna: How about Connor.

Connor: Ok.

Anna smiles before closing the door, leaving the boy alone.
_______________________________________

After Anna finished cooking dinner, she came and knock on the door before keeping it and saw Connor on the bed, stating blankly up at the roof.

Anna: Come on sweetie, dinners ready.

Connor got off the bed and towards the door, walking with Anna to the kitchen, revealing two plates of hot food.

Connor was confused to why she made him some since he was forced to eat things like garbage or small amounts of food that was either spoiled or not enough to feed him.

Anna sits down and looks at Connor, smiling warmly.

Anna: Come on, sit and eat.

Connor stared at get for s moment before walking to the table and sit down, beginning to eat the food when suddenly, the moment he took one bite, he felt as if the most delicious thing he's ever tasted was in his mouth, causing him to keep eating to point he was done in moments and almost bent the fork, almost eating it too.

Anna giggles as she looks at Connor.

Anna: You look satisfied.

Connor: I'm sorry, was I not supposed to?

Anna: Oh no! I'm happy you enjoyed it...you want more?

Connor: if that's ok...

Anna smiles sweetly.

Anna: Of course it is.

She gives Connor more food and Connor made sure to take his time since he knows from experience that if be were to eat it all at once and not take his time, he won't be able to eat more for a while so he otta enjoy it as much as he can, but little didn't he know, Anna was gonna do the opposite.

Anna would feed him and would always let him eat as much as he wanted, also making him eat till he gained weight but Anna didn't care, she was happy Connor was fed enough.

After 3 months of things such as helping Connor understand things be didn't before, like he how he was allowed to use the bathroom instead of going outside, use the bathroom to get clean since he wasn't allowed to, sleep in the bed and watch TV and basically almost everything most kids do daily, Anna helped him know he can do it and help him know how if he doesn't know since he never did things like them before or even know what they meant.

By 3 months, Connor learned what he needed to and got use to it, though his expression always says he doesn't care or anything, meaning he would've been fine with doing the opposite of what Anna told him.

Anyway, Connor also started school and began going but he would he bullied because of his pools and his weight.

Due to Connor use to being hurt, Connor didn't care and went on with the say, knowing it's natural and did nothing about it, not telling anyone or Anna and when she asked, he'd lie, which she'd know.

Anyway, Connor was now currently sitting in the ground with bruises and blood leaking from his nose.

The group of kids around him laugh as they walked away, leaving Connor on the ground. With a blank expression, Connor sat there for a while, not caring if he needed to get to class.

Connor looks down as be sits there, his dull eyes looking at his bruised and scrapped knees, bleeding.

Just then...

Girl: Oh no! A-Are you ok!?

Connor looks up to see a girl looking worried.

Girl: Your bleeding! Are you ok?!

Connor: Yeah, I'm use to it.

She took something from her pocket and began wiping the blood off.

Girl: Even so, your hurt!

Connor said nothing, letting the girl do as she wants. As the girl cleans Connor's face from blood, he states at the girls face. Connor couldn't tell why but when he looks at her, he sees a warm light like when he sees Anna, giving him the idea that she was like her.

Girl: Ah, done.

She finished cleaning Connor's face and smiles warmly.

Girl: We should get you to the health room, patch up your face.

Connor: Nah it's alright, I'm use to this, I'll just be a bother.

Girl: What? No you won't, what makes you think that?

Connor: I've always been to everyone so there's no point.

The girl looks at Connor before smiling warmly.

Girl: Come on, please?

Connor looks at the girl before sighing.

Connor: Fine...

She smiles.

Girl: Great! Let's go.

She helped Connor up before walking with her to the health room.
_______________________________________

Connor and the girl got to the health room and the girl helped patch up Connor.

Connor: Thank you for this, but you didn't need to help me.

Girl: That's fine! I love helping people! By the way, what's your name?

Connor: Connor.

She smiles.

Girl: Nice to meet you! I'm Aphmau!

Connor: Aphmau? Huh, that's a interesting name.

She smiles with a giggle.

Aphmau: Thank you, come on, we should get to class.

Connor: Ok.

The two walked to their class.