Chapter Four || School

Start from the beginning

"Oh, fuck no!" I whisper shout to myself, dropping my bag against the wall and making my way to the boy, cracking my knuckles. I grip the back of the boy's collar and yank him back, causing him to stumble and fall to the floor. "Hey, asshat! What the fuck are you doing?" I ask in a threatening tone, glaring at him while stepping in front of Mark. "Eh? Oh, wow! Mark, you seriously have to have your girlfriend come and defend you!?" He exclaims, laughing while slowly getting back up.

I shove my foot against the boy's shoulder and shove him back to the ground, hovering over him. "Cousins. We're fucking cousins," I hiss at him. He doesn't respond, gathering his breath after being slammed against the ground. "Now, kindly fuck off before I stomp your face in." I remove my foot and he gets up, grabbing his bag with a scowl and leaving the two of us alone. I flip him off as he retreats around the corner.

"Asshole," I mutter, turning around to tend to Mark. He was wiping the blood away from his nose with his hand, smearing blood across his skin. "Thanks, (Y/N)." He says, smiling slightly. "Come on, let's go to the bathroom and clean you up," I instructed him, grabbing his hand and leading the boy to one, making sure to grab my bag before leaving. Knowing that someone would make a fuss about a boy in the girl's bathroom, I stepped inside and grabbed some paper towels, joining Mark outside a second later. "Here," I say, handing them to him.

Mark smiles at me and takes them, wiping his nose and hand off. "Thanks again, man." He says, holding the towel against his nose. "No problem, dude. Do you by chance actually know that kid or the reason he was beating you up?" I ask, leaning against the wall. "That was AJ. He's an absolute asshole in general. All I did was bump into him while walking and apparently that threatened his dominance, so he took it out on me," Mark explains, scowling at the thought of him.

"Well-" I begin to say before getting cut off by a voice. "Hey, Mark!" A familiar voice exclaims, belonging to Fredrick. Behind him are Simon and Michael, smiles placed on their faces. They notice the blood leaking from his nose and perk up. "Woah, Mark! What happened!?" Frederick questions, stopping in front of him. "Asshole named AJ. (Y/N) beat him up, though." Mark explains, shrugging. Simon's eyebrows knit together.

"Doesn't that guy work at Fredbear's?" He questions. I glance at him and think for a moment. He did resemble that guy that was monitoring the stage the other day. "Now that you mention it, he did kinda look like that stage monitor..." I trail off, rubbing the back of my neck. The group looks at me in confusion with the exception of Michael. "You went to Fredbear's?" Mark questions, moving the towel away from his face.

"Oh, um- yeah. I got a job there," I tell them. Frederick perks up at my words. "Wait, when!? That's so cool!!" He says, smiling. I laugh at his enthusiasm. "Yesterday. Met this weird dude named Sev! And this girl named Lucy," I informed the group. Blood was no longer leaking from Mark's nose, so he threw away the towel in the nearby trash can. The others all looked at me as I told them about my job.

"Michael was there too. He was hanging out with his siblings," I smirked and he rolled his eyes. "Yeah, they were annoying as hell." I crossed my arms as I stared at him. "Really, because you seemed like the annoying one," I stated, smiling up at him. "Whatever," He scoffs, but I wasn't done teasing him. "Your father told me that you walked home with your siblings because it was too boring there for you." Heat spread across the boy's face. "You talked to my father...?" He questions.

"Oh, yeah! We talked major shit about you," I teased him and he groaned, rubbing his face. "Shut up." He says, causing me to smirk. "You-" The boy places a hand over my mouth, preventing me from speaking. "Shut up," He repeats. "Damn, get a room." Simon jokes, crossing his arms. Michael removes his hands from my mouth and we stare at Simon. I let out a groan, shifting my gaze to the ground.

"Do you know the sheer amount of people that think you and I are dating?" I look up at Michael, an annoyed expression on my face. "Um...no?" He responds, tilting his head. "Well, technically only two people, but that's still more than it should be!" I exclaim, suddenly perking up at the thought of his sister. "Actually, three! If we count your sister..." I add. Frederick chuckles, causing the two of us to look at him. "Michael's sister thinks you guys are dating?" He asks and Michael rolls his eyes. "She's like...five! She doesn't know any better!" The boy explains, crossing his arms. "Still funny," Frederick shrugs.

"To be fair, a lot of people think you and Mark are dating, too." Simon points out. "Even we did at first." I roll my eyes at that memory. "Yeah, that asshole named AJ thought so too," I say, crossing my arms. Mark was grimacing at the thought of people thinking that the two of us were dating. The bell suddenly rang and I flinched slightly at the sound. The five of us groaned.

"God, I hate school." Michael stated, causing us all to nod in agreement. "Well, we better get to class..." Simon says, gesturing down the hall with his thumb. I suddenly perk up at the memory of something. "Oh, wait! Where do you guys sit at lunch? I can never find you," I say, looking at them expectantly. "We usually sit outside on the benches. We only don't go out there if it's too hot or cold," Mark explains and I hum in acknowledgment. "Well then, I guess I'll see you tomorrow at lunch...or at class," I state before walking off.