9

No one POV

It had now been a week since the crew had gone back to sea, a week since the discussion between the cook and the navigator and a week since neither of them had talked about what had happened. The navigator was grateful for it.

She was currently in the library,  putting final adjustments on the map of the last island they visited.

When finished, she put down her pencil and examined her work. It was perfect, down to the smallest detail. She smiled proud of herself. She placed the map delicately on the table and got up from the mapping desk. She stretched while glancing at the clock.

"Damnit..." she cursed under her breath.

Nami had missed supper, she was happy to know that none of her friends had come to bother her. They knew better than to disturb the navigator when she was drawing.

On the other hand, she didn't think it was that late and now that the notion of time was coming back to her, she was starving.

"Nami-san" The cook voice could be heard, he had just entered the library, tray in hand. He walked over to the small table in the middle and put the tray there.

"Supper is served, Nami-swan!!"

He said proudly, reaching out to show his dish. "Pork chops, stir-fried vegetables with steamed rice and a special tangerine tea, just for my sweet angel"

Nami's heart began beating in spite of herself. She knew the cook put so much time and care into preparing the food for her and Robin. Selfishly, she would have liked the cook to think only of her, to put all his love into the food only for her. She blushes just at the thought of it happening.

She looked at Sanji, then at the food, which looked more extravagant each time she saw them. The perfection of heart-cut vegetables. The layout of the dishes, which made the dishes even more appetizing.

"It looks very good Sanji-kun" the navigator congratulated him, as she sat down on the chair.

"Nothing but perfection for my goddess" he smiled tenderly and Nami smiled back.

The cook was making is way back to the kitchen when the navigator stopped him.

"Would you like to stay with me?" The cook didn't need to be told twice, he turned around at full speed, and quickly took a place, in front of her.

She took the first bite of the delicious meal, her eyes widened a bit. She took another forkful, though a bit less graceful this time.

Nami stuffed the food like it was her last. When she finally realise she was embarrassing herself, chewing the food like a maniac, she stop herself. Chocking on the food doing so. The navigator then looked over at the cook who was leaning forward with his arms crossed on the table, grinning like a fool. "Well I guess you like the food"

"It's very good"

"I can tell" he smile grew bigger and Nami couldn't stop thinking, just how good Sanji look smiling. Well, how good he look simply.

Still embarrassed, but glad to see the cook didn't seem the less discuted by her behavior, she took another bite, more graceful this time. Once she finished swallowing she asked:

"Why are you up so late, you should have finish cleaning the kitchen by now."

The blond shrugged his shoulder. "I figured since you didn't come to supper, you'd probably still be awake even after the others went off, so I made you something." He paused, offering her a smile. "Must be a really complicated map to keep you up so late."