Chapter 9

(A/n): Hey guys I'm finally updating this book, after finally completing my final exams for my classes, I can take some time for myself and actually work on my writing a bit...provided I can get rid of my writers block for my stories especially my library of Ruina story, I've wanted to update that one for some time now but I honestly feel like I've written myself into a corner with no idea where to go.

Speaking of which I am actually going to be graduating soon and will get my associates degree in computer science, although I plan to continue my education and get a bachelors but enough about me, lets move on with the story that I've made you all wait more than long enough for.

Leon's POV

After some more time traveling through the ruined city, I found myself back in the flooded region, the sunken buildings and waterfalls on the cliff exactly the way I remembered them being only the water seemed a little bit higher now, but perhaps that's just my weary mind playing tricks on me, as I made my way under the cliff face towards the roads of the flooded region I looked up at the sky noting that the sun was starting to set and the sky was filled with a bright orange hue.

Leon: It hasn't even been a day since me and Anna woke up and yet I feel as if I've been fighting for weeks on, like a lone soldier at war against the entire planet...which is quite ironic given me and my sister's noble birth.

Not to say I'm unaccustomed to hardships, father always made sure that I understood what it meant to be a member of the Vikters family, the weight that my decisions as the heir to the family would affect not just myself or those around me but the fates of those in our entire domain...I thought that I was ready for anything...until the world fell to ruin and me and my sister were forced to freeze ourselves just to survive, only to wake up hundreds of years later to find the world in ruins, ravaged by this war between the androids and machines.

Leon: (Throughout my youth I was taught swordplay by numerous instructors and all of them took the training of the future heir of the Vikters family very seriously, yet even with all that experience and my magical power I still find myself struggling against the machines that have overrun Earth and have reduced it to a pile of ruins and overgrown Flora...makes me wonder how a regular human or soldier could have possibly fought against the machine lifeforms by themselves)

Then again, humanity was forced to evacuate to the moon so perhaps they couldn't fight against them at all, that doesn't mean they should leave all the fighting to Yorha, even if humans don't play a combat role there is still so much they could do to help, or perhaps humans are helping Yorha in some role or other, I cannot be certain until I see the moon base and Yorha for myself.

I made my way out to the broken roads of the flooded region and gazed at the numerous platforms of stone and road rising out of the water...makes me wonder just what state the rest of the world was in, my footsteps were heavy against the pavement as I made my way down what remained of the road, the sound of the sea brushing against the rocks and the salt in the air...strangely reminds me of the port cities controlled by the Avonmar Branch, if only it weren't for all the derelict structures and roads everywhere you look.

I rubbed my forehead noting the dirt and sweat that had built up upon my skin, and as I did so I took note of my current appearance, my outfit which was once clean white as the snow that covered the Vikters Domain was now covered in dusty brown patches and a few black stains from machine oil which splattered onto my whenever I killed them, a cruel reminder of not only my state but that of the world around me.