1.

- There is life in a gentle breath of wind -

Lilo Lewis was always the first one to wake up in the household, even before the sun had graced it rays on the awakening blue sky. Even on a Saturday when it was her free weekend from work. Blame it on the father, since he always took his daughter out to catch the first untouched waves of the day early in life. As soon as she took her first steps, he thought that she was more than ready to feel the board underneath her little feet. To become one with the beautiful things nature had to offer, to have the worlds amazing wonders as her own playground.

He truly was the best father according to her. He took her under his wings and did more than enough to fill up the space for two parents. No one forced him to, it was just his will of duty in being a father.

It's always hard to loose someone. In this case a wife and a mother. Someone you love with your whole heart.

But since Lilith never met her mother, she got taken away with her first breaths and squeaks when meeting the world, she never got a chance to get to know her. They were no sharing memories between them, no smell that made her think of how she used to. The only thing that was left behind from her was the many photographs that filled several albums in a bookshelf.

Her father was her savior for capturing every moment of the two.

Lilo got herself prepared for the day. Changing into a white bikini and tossing on a pair of denim shorts before combing through her chocolate brown hair, she scurried down the stairs to eat breakfast with her father before she went out to meet up with her childhood friends.

Her father sat around the dining table, reading the newspaper while drinking a steaming hot cup of coffee. His long, curly dark hair was tied up in a low bun, glasses hung low on the bridge of the nose. The worn bright red Hawaiian shirt could be seen from miles away. His closet almost consisted of only them. He'd already prepared the table with fruits and vegetables, some bread, cheese and butter.

He smiled softly up at Lilo when she got a seat in front. " Good morning koʻu lā, heading to the beach today? "
( My sunshine )

She chuckled while spreading butter on a piece of bread. " What else would I do on my day off? "

" Just making sure you're still my daughter. " He winked and folded down the newspaper to dig into the breakfast as well.

" You won't get rid of me that easily. " She took a big bite before feeling a buzz in the pocket. When pulling her phone out, her best friends name popped up on the screen.

Wanda💛: You still picking us up?

Of course! I'll pick up Steve and Peter first, be ready in ten!