Chapter Twenty-Two

Start from the beginning

"It's fine. I understand, plus you seem to be in a brighter mood." They broke of their hug and gave each other a peck on the lips. I decided not to question it. "I'm gonna check on Rachael."

Athena was in my dress shirt, her hair messy. She wrapped her arms around me from the side. "Hi."

"Hi." I replied with a small smile.

She looked up at me with those beautiful brown eyes that captivated my entire being. After I finished stirring the eggs and flipping the bacon, I picked her up and set her on the counter.

She moved her hands up and down my chest with a smile. "Why haven't you been eating?"

"It was only one day."

"I don't care. Do I need to force feed you now? I will if I have to." She laughed and shook her head. "I love you."

Her face and neck grew red and she kept her gaze down, "I love you, too."

I tilted her head up by her chin. "Look at me when you say it."

"I love you, too." I tried kissing her forehead but she moved her head back and pointed to her lips. I laughed and went to give her a quick kiss but she gripped my hair and pulled me closer.

It felt like I was tasting her for the first time again. Sweet. Her lips and tongue were sweet and addicting. The world stopped spinning and the only thing my mind could focus on were her lips and the way they easily molded against mine.

I felt something flutter in my stomach when she moaned. I hadn't touched her, heard her, in what felt like years and now that I am I felt like a kid in a candy store.

I slid my hands under her shirt and gripped her ass. Then I moved my hands up her sides and grabbed her breast. I glided my lips down her neck, placing gentle kisses along her jawline and neck. "Your going to burn the food."

I moved my hands from her breast and back down to her waist. "Fuck the food. I've missed your body too much." She laughed and let my hands move up and down her waist as I kissed all over her neck and face. "When is the court date, again?"

"Three more days. But I'm meeting Brinda today to just speak to her about how she feels being a witness. Flip the bacon, Alessandro." I rolled my eyes and unwillingly moved my hands off her body.

I flipped the bacon and put eggs on a plate for us both. I poured pancake mix onto a pan, making a perfect circle. "I have to continue that meeting but I'm sure we could do it over the computer. But that would mean I'd have to leave here."

She kicked her legs back and forth and stared at my arms. "It's fine. You don't have to be under me all day."

"I don't want to leave your side. Do you..." I trailed off and she raised her eyebrows in question. "Could you... um... Would you stay with me? At my house? It's okay if you still don't want to. I was just-"

She wrapped her arms around me from behind again and kissed my bare back. "Yes. I want to stay with you, Alessandro. No need to be nervous."

I let out a breath of relief. "You make me nervous. Extremely nervous." She laughed and kept her arms around me.

I felt at home with her around. She was my home. As she started tracing my back tattoos, I felt goosebumps. She's to perfect for me. I was so in love by this woman that I was blinded by any flaw she had. In my eyes, she was absolutely perfect. 

Whenever she was around I felt content. Happy. She warmed me up the way no other woman on Earth ever has. When our plates were fixed I turned around and picked her up, holding her up by her ass.