Chapter 16

This chapter contains sexual content.

Afternoon sun and a bottle of tequila

Afternoon sun and a bottle of tequila. The words inked onto her skin. They remind of my own words on my chest, written for her. Only her. I don't know what it means, but I hope it's a good thing.

Me and Aria have etched out a plan. She'll grovel, whilst also entertaining the two other happy couples on this trip.

Currently, we all sat around the living room, watching a movie. Aria was the only one missing. Boy, am I excited.

Half an hour into the movie, I spot her figure walking down the stairs. I force myself not to look at her. She had changed into her pyjamas, and had tied her hair up. Then, she walks into the living room. Laura notices and grins, tapping the seat next to her. Instead, Aria hesitates before turning to me. I almost burst out into laughter. Aria glares at me before she kneels in front of me. And suddenly, all eyes are on her. Laura pauses with popcorn halfway into her mouth and Charlie's mouth falls open.

"Jacob." She says, through gritted teeth. "Please forgive for hurting you in college." She says and I almost smile.

"What?" I ask.

Aria closes her eyes and I know she's cursing me in every language. "I know I hurt you with my words when we were eighteen, but I take it all back. I never... never wanted to break your heart." Is that it?

"Oh, come on, honey. Is that it? You're gonna have to try harder than that."

I see the confused looks on everyone's faces, and I can't stop the grin falling onto my face.

"Okay, but can I stand up? My knees are killing me." I help her to her feet, and Aria stands in front of me. Laura drops the popcorn into the bowl and speaks up.

"Guys... You know it better to do this private, right?" She states, slowly. "Like, when there's no audience."

Then, Charlie bursts out into laughter. He covers his mouth and shakes his head. "I'm- I'm sorry."

Daniela grins from beside him, before looking at us. "Laura's right. Don't you think it's best to do this somewhere else?"

"Yes." Aria says, over-enthusiastically. "That is a fantastic idea."

"Actually-"

"Jacob, I swear to God, do not say anything." She says, quickly.

I zip my mouth shut.

"As much as this is all very humorous," Charlie says, running a hand through his blonde hair before pulling his fiancée into his side. "You guys should probably miss the rest of the movie and sort your shit out. It's kind of sad to see you both moping around, avoiding each other."

"Er, we don't mope." Aria says, unconvincingly, crossing her arms over her chest.

"You do. And it's very depressing. So please, kiss and make up." He says, leaning back onto the sofa. "But, don't have sex. We don't wanna hear that."