Questioning

Levi POV

I returned back to the room later on that day after returning Larkin back to our spot. Sighing I daydreamed about her she - she was ugh! Everything. I couldn't stop thinking about her and today with her was perfect.

Other than the fact she refuses to believe she's in love with me , forget about her past and present life and just be with me completely with me. She's absolutely clueless when it comes to love never believing that she's good enough for me.

Larkin was everything I wanted , everything I needed in my life.

She was the heartbeat to my un beating heart.

As I tossed my keys into a bowl towards my room I heard Alec clear his throat from the side of me. "Brother where have you been going to early in the morning these past two days" i looked taking off my shoes. "Running Alec I've been running every morning" I held up my running shoes as evidence.

Alec sighed dropping his good posture "brother I promise whatever secret you are keeping from me , you can tell me and I'll take it to my nonexistent grave all your secrets are safe with me" I laughed at his horrible joke before coming serious again.

"Trust me if I told you , you would burn into ashes right now" he walked closer to me putting a hand on my shoulder. "Try me brother the biggest we have and still hold to this day is when we tried to kill father five hundred years ago"

I groaned rubbing my hands all over my face "fine! But I swear to you if you tell I will not hesitate to kill you myself Alec" he shook his head understanding. I sighed before going on "I've met someone and she is absolutely wonderful there's just one thing... She a vampire hunter the one we were sent to kill brother"

Alec's eyes widened for a minute before he clapped my back bringing me into a hug. "I'm thrilled for you Levi after all these years you've finally found someone , tell me is she everything you ever wanted?" I broke out into a smile until my mouth hurt "and more brother and more shes a queen and I a peasant compared to her I love her Alec"

He smiled along with me throwing his hands in the air "then what's holding you back? Go to her and take her away from here" I shook my head disappointed. "I can't father would find us and kill her in front of me I need to wait until he chooses an heir then we can be together , but even then what about her and her issues the hunters would never just let her go they're animals except for her"

Alec turned his body away from me as if to say , oh yeah. Then actually saying " well maybe there is some sort of agreement you and the hunters can come to maybe promising them a joined kingdom. With a hunter as your wife and a vampire husband , vampires and hunters could become one whole"

I didn't know what to say , but it reminded me of those strange men back in the seventeenth century who talked Utopias; such strange men...

I liked the idea though Larkin would be happy , and I would be happy that she was happy. I focused back on Alec who stared awaiting my answer "first I want to ask her how she feels about it I don't want to make any plans unless she is one hundred percent okay with it"

The corners of his mouth lifted into a smile as he got ready to walk away , back to his room "I couldn't be more happier for you Levi , you deserve this" I nodded my head in appreciation before retiring to my room as well.

I removed my clothes letting them drop to the floor as I walked into my bathroom turning the shower on. I stepped in letting the hot water pour down my body. I looked to the stone wall in front of me when I was overcome with the picture of Larkin standing in front of me.

She showed me one of her brilliant smiles moving closer to me. My breath caught in my throat as I stayed perfectly still , she wrapped her small arms around my neck saying the three words I wished she would have said today.

"I love you" then she leaned in towards my lips kissing me ever so tenderly , suddenly her picture faded and I stood alone in the shower once more.

I groaned turning the knob to cold hoping for a miracle. When suddenly my phone began to ring I turned off the water wrapping a red towel around my waist. I walked back into my room picking my phone up pressing the green button on my screen.

"Where the hell have you been!" Before I even did it I though , God I've been signing a lot today "always a pleasure to hear from you father" I heard something crash when he replied.

"I don't have time for your goddamn games Levi why in the hell aren't you and your brother back , have you even caught the hunter yet?" I sat down on my bed looking out my giant window down at the view of the city.

" we have not prevailed in catching the hunter yet father we are still looking" another thing crashed before he answered "if you don't find that hunter I'm sending down my own men to find him do you understand?"

He didn't wait for a reply as he ended the call. I sat wide eyed worrying how much damage his men would cause then I said the perfect word for this situation.

"Fuck" tonight was going to be a long night.