Death wish

"I'm not running away from this Conrad" I was currently in the woods getting my daily game for the communal feasts. I idiotically told Conrad about my last hunt , and how one of the vampires told me right before I killed him the princes were going to come for me.

Apparently the princes are the princes over all vampire kind.So now Conrad won't drop it continuously telling me that I need to skip town ,and never look back. I could never leave this place though ,so if they come after me so be it I can handle my own.

"Larkin you crazy little shit this is not one of your revenge games this is serious you can die" I stop suddenly turning to him. "good , then one my long time dreams would've finally come true" his angry face contorted into one of worry he quickly grabbed me in his arms holding me tight "you don't mean that Larkin , you don't want to die"

I wanted to release everything right then , but I couldn't - I couldn't cry , not in front of him. Though one tear betrayed me sliding down my cheek I quickly removed it before he noticed. "Larkin please don't try to fight these guys you will not win please I can't lose you too" my chest tightened the way this conversation was going I turned away "fine I won't fight , unless they come for me first"

Before he could protest I ran away pushing branches out of my face knowing he wouldn't follow. I finally came to a stop at a river without thinking I stripped down to my bra and boy shorts jumping in. At first the cool caught me off guard making me shake somewhat violently , but slowly then all together my body got use to the cold and I began to swim around letting the river flow me to where ever.

A few hours had passed and I laid on my back in the water looking up at the sky. What I told Conrad was a lie I didn't want to die , but in this moment if I did die I believe it would be the most peaceful thing ever to finally be done to give up this fight.

Suddenly I heard the water crash against rocks down below. I hurriedly swam to the side climbing back on land I stood feeling like my body weighed a ton. I walked to the edge of the waterfall to see what was down there , and pretty much it was just just rocks. I sighed thinking of having to go back.

Until I thought I could jump and if I die I die , but if I live I live. It was a crazy thought but I need to know if I really have a purpose in this life.

So I jumped

Those few minutes of free falling were rejuvenating. The cool river breeze surrounding my body as I dived. Almost to the bottom all I saw were rocks , and all I thought was "I'm going to die today and it'll be okay" , but then I hit the water missing every single rock that should've killed me.

I was still underwater looking up absolutely flabbergasted , before shooting up again. I pushed my hair out of my eyes looking back up to the sky , then out of no where began to laugh like a mad man " you are bat shit crazy Larkin Hathaway , bat shit crazy"

I walked back to the village with my arms across my chest fearing hypothermia. Never again will I decide to go swimming in fall , like an idiot I couldn't remember where I placed my clothes so I'm half ass naked right now. As soon I heard voices and little children laughing I knew I was close.

I continued walking until I actually saw homes. I nonchalantly walked through the center while mothers covered their children's eyes , and fathers stood salivating at me. I took a breath still continuing on my way not looking anyone in the eye or their general direction period.

I made it to my door quickly swinging it open and shut. I took another deep breath turning on my Bluetooth radio , Phil Collins voice blasted throughout my house as I slowly made my way to my bathroom. I turned my hot water on taking off what little clothing was still on my body.

I sat down letting the water from the shower head rain down on my body. Sitting there I knew my life would never be the same again , something was coming and soon.

I can feel it coming into the air tonight oh lord , and I've been waitin' for this moment all my life...

A/N helloooo guys wow 40 reads THANKYOU so much for having support of my new book anyway you guys you have to comment and vote I know it's hard when you're just trying to read and finish a good chapter but it really helps me out by making this book more popular and I know you guys love it so you would definitely want to spread it to your friends and the whole wide world right? I love y'all's (you all for the people who don't understand Texas talk )opinions and ideas and the dumb hilarious jokes you come up with for a chapter so you have to comment all of that here! Anyway omg I'm so stressed track districts are coming up and formal is almost here then it's the end of the year and I won't see all of these people again 😭 it's going to be terrible! Anyway thankyou you loyal beautiful readers 😘😍