Promises

There was knocking on my door at seven in the morning waking me from my sleep. I dragged my feet all the way to the door dressed in a sports bra and long plaid pajama bottoms. I slowly opened my door to see Tom standing there smiles and sunshine.

I groaned opening my door a little wider "business this early in the morning must be something serious" his smile fell "what business? No I want to know what happened last night what'd you find out" I rolled my eyes not wanting to discuss this.

"Last night was pointless I don't know what you were hoping to get from these princes , but there was nothing so..." He sighed looking defeated leaning his body against my door frame. "Well you have to go back , try and get more information we can't just stop now while the princes are in town"

I took a deep breath controlling my anger "fine , fine whatever Tom okay it was not entirely great to see you bye" I closed the door rubbing my hands over my face pulling it down.

I looked towards my old fashioned clock sitting on my wall it read seven twelve. I knew it wasn't going to be easy going back to sleep so I went to my closet to put on some clothes on.

I picked out black Nike shorts with black nike shoes keeping on my sports bra. I grabbed my phone and earphones going for a run. While running I realized how pretty it was today in a sort of creepy way with fog settling by the bottoms of trees , and morning dew tripping off the edges of leaves.

I was at peace at here , I'm happy here I was happy here then everything changed when we let our guards down once so many years ago. Memories flooded my brain making me angrier , so I pushed myself to run harder hoping it would take the pain away.

I ran over fallen trees and flowing rivers forcing my legs to go faster. Then without thinking I grabbed ahold of a low tree branch pulling myself up lifting myself up to the highest branch. I didn't know what I was doing , but I did it anyway.

I ran from branch to branch jumping from tree to tree feeling like a sugar glider. My adrenaline was at a thousand right now , I felt like I could do anything. Except pay attention.

Levi POV

I woke early this morning just to be able to see the hunters face , to get to know her. I ran to the woods in my basketball shorts and sneakers trying to follow her sweet smell.

I ran faster as the scent grew stronger pulling me in towards her location. When finally I saw her ; she was running in black nike shorts and shoes and a black sports bra. Her body was beautiful as it sparkled with sweat , her long curly brown hair was pulled back into a high ponytail only showing her side profile.

I still couldn't see her face as I ran to keep up with her , god she was fast. Then like the spider monkey she was she began to run from branch to branch on each tree. As she was running though she looked distracted happy and angry at the same time , I hope she's not Bipolar.

As she jumped to the next tree her lift off was somewhat weak. I watched as she fell to the forest floor with a high pitched squeal. I leaned against the side of a tree with a small chuckle.

"You know you are a very graceful woman , hunter" her head shot up so fast I feared she had gotten whiplash. What I hadn't feared was the possibility of not being able to breath. She was stunning and everything I had hoped for as she pushed hair out of her eyes. Her eyes they were something completely out of this world almost like a galaxy , they were incredible.

Larkin POV

The minute I saw him I was hit with fresh spring water and honey suckle. My eyes widened as my eyebrows creased together my heart was racing as the smell sent my hormones crazy.

He took a step forward as I took one back. What was happening to me I've never felt this way before I pulled myself away from my thoughts as he spoke again.

"You know you're not very good at spying especially when a scent that strong follows you around everywhere" I was confused when I asked " what scent?" He took large steps forward "the one I know you can smell on me , yours however smells of Rosemary and lavender tell me what does mine smell like?"

I don't know why I replied but I did " fresh spring and honeysuckle" he smiled at me , God his smile was beautiful. Wait what the hell am I talking about , I can't do this.

I shot him a glare saying "so you know I've been spying on you , and you're obviously here to avenge those three idiots so what are you going to do kill me?" His smile faded and within seconds he was kneeled in front of me holding my face with one hand.

"I could never dream of hurting you not even in my wildest dreams , I promise you if you let me I'll do nothing but protect you" his face was so close and I couldn't breath.

His eyes looked adoringly at me they made me want to be normal , to be normal for him but I wasn't and I never could be. I moved my face to the side looking down "don't make any promises to me not when I'm this way and you're like that we can't , I can't"

He pulled my face back to his looking deep into my eyes "don't let this life make decisions for you it does not rule you" when I stood so did he "I know it doesn't , but my past does I need this right now and you should know better than anyone that if you really wanted to protect me you wouldn't be here right now"

He sighed knowing I was right "you're right I shouldn't have come , but I'm glad I did" my stomach filled with butterflies at his words. "Are you glad that I came?" My eyes widened "I don't know" he bowed his head once grabbing my hand in his "well until you do know I will never leave you alone , I'll come visit you here everyday this exact spot. Promise you'll be here waiting for me"

I didn't know what to say to that but I had to go so I said the words that would please him most "I promise" he smiled his face brightening "thankyou" he then kissed the palm of my hand looking into my eyes. I swooned loving his lips on my skin , the contact didn't last long though as he pulled away.

"I guess you have to leave now" I smiled weakly "yes" he nodded his head letting go of my hand "until next time" then he was gone with a blink of an eye.

I returned to the village with my usual void of any emotion face making sure I look as normal as I left. However as soon as I closed the door to my house I squealed throwing myself onto my bed screaming into my pillows.

I swear confusion never stops in this strange life of mine.

A/N um okay.... What the hell just happened when the princes were coming in town that is not what I imagined to happen at. All. Anyone else like Larkins mad spider monkey skills because I do 🙋 and I wonder what her eyes look like what makes them so out of this world and do they really look like a galaxy? Lol so many questions right? And there's another one sorry lol but I don't know the answers to any of those questions so until next chapter my sweet beautiful loyal readers!