New adventures

Seattle was a strange place with its high buildings and dark murky atmosphere. No wonder there was a vampire infestation it was perfect for my kind that could never show themselves in the light of day. Though I never would have necessarily chosen this life for myself , there are advantages of having a bloodline tracing back to the original vampire you get to feel the sun shine against your skin.

I love the sun it's absolutely one of a kind , but as long as I'm in this city I won't be seeing any of it for a while. My brother and I sat in the back seat of our limousine staring out of our windows in curiosity. "What an ugly city Levi" I laughed at Alec's bluntness fixing my attention on him now "it is isn't ? But it's much better than the constant sight of brick walls surrounding you like a prison"

Alec sighed "brother when you become king you can change everything father has damaged , but for now and I don't know how many times I have to tell you this just do what he says" I shake my head leaning back in my chair overcome with tiredness.

On our way to La Sangsue we passed by a vast amount of forest , and the sweetest of smells lingered under my nose. The smell was something of Rosemary and lavender an uncommon mix but undoubtedly the most beautiful.

I looked into the forest , looking deep searching for the source of the smell seeing nothing. My mind was so clouded with the smell I hadn't even realized we had arrived at La Sangsue. My brother slapped my shoulder "are you okay Levi , you seem like your in a daze"

Oh you have no idea brother

"Sorry just daydreaming" I stepped out of the limousine letting the chauffeur take our bags to the lobby boy. Just before going in I stopped looking back down the road.

My next adventure will be in those woods.

Larkin POV

I was on my regular ten mile run when a scent so tantalizing hit my nose. I stopped running taking in the scent that smelled of fresh spring water and honeysuckle. The smell was unfamiliar and new to me making my hormones go crazy , I shook my head stepping away from this dangerous daze.

I continued running on my last lap , before running back to the village. I passed the councils office on the way to the pub when Tom yelled out my name. "We need you on a new assignment Larkin" I sigh thinking it's one of my regular jobs walking towards him "what do I need to go to a club bust a couple vamps up , crack into a vampire black market on blood trade "

Tom quickly stopped me where I was with his hand "No Larkin we've gotten word from The Bloodsucker that triads sons the princes have checked in there" my throat closed slightly as I heard this.

I wasn't scared just surprised to say the least I didn't show this though as he continued. " the council have decided it best if we sent you to spy , and only spy Larkin no physical contact we don't need a whole vampire army trying to kill us"

I shook my head complying trying to get away from this whole talk. Tom placed both his hands on my shoulders "Larkin I don't know if you know this , but the whole hunter race trust you if anyone believes in the code more than me, its you Larkin so I have faith in you"

I removed his hands from my shoulders slightly annoyed "alright Tom I get it I'm the only one right for the job okay I'll get on it tonight" he sighed going back into the councils building. I walked into the pub wanting to release myself of this stress.

I sat at the counter getting Jill's attention. Jill was a fifty year old woman who had never actually been in hand to hand combat with a vamp , but told stories of killing one like she did. She also fought like a man , so most men here let her be in her own life.

She walked up to me a washcloth hanging from her shoulder. "Hey munchkin what would you like today" I breathed heavily putting my arm on the counter rubbing the bridge of my nose.

"Hey Jill I'll have five shots of jack Daniels and if I'm still not drunk by then give me the whole bottle" she snickered "one of those days I suppose" .

She returned with a platter of shots and the actual bottle "on the house sweetie" I smiled weakly grabbing my first shot "thanks" . I threw my head back swallowing the liquid , I came back trying to let the burning sensation settle before going back for more.

Two minutes later I had finished off the shots and was halfway through the bottle. On my left the door to the pub swung open revealing Conrad walking towards me now.

I groaned turning away from him " wow that's not the response I expected" I tried waving off his comment as he sat down staring at me as if I was an idiot. "Larkin put the bottle down you know you can't get drunk like the rest of us anymore"

I kept the bottle in my hand as I talked "just because my body refuses to accept it doesn't mean I can't indulge myself" he rolled his eyes slamming his fist into the counter "damn it Larkin what the hell is happening to you stop acting this way why are you doing this!"

I threw the bottle at the far wall staring as the brown liquid dripped from the wall. Jill cleared her throat then asking for my attention I looked at her shaking my head "I'm sorry Jill I didn't mean to -" she cut me off walking towards the wall "don't worry about it honey"

I didn't look at Conrad's face as I rushed out of the pub , Conrad following close behind. He caught up to me grabbing my shoulders spinning me around "what is wrong Larkin , tell me!"

I was breathing hard trying my best to not cry , what a crazy sense of déjà vu. I looked into his eyes scrambling words together in my mind. "I don't know what's wrong with me , but every minute I keep getting the sense that my life is going to change and a lot of people are going to die because of it"

His eyes squinted together in worry "Larkin are you okay?" The only words I could say were "I don't know , I truly honestly do not know Conrad , but promise me that no matter what that you will always have my back please"

He shook his head standing a little taller "I'll always have your back Larkin" I smiled not letting it reach my eyes before walking back out of his embrace and leaving him there.

No light in his bright blue eyes

A/N what the hell Is happening with Larkin and her strange senses or whatever then the princes are in town woah what's gonna go down now I seriously hope nothing bad I actually like Larkin lol and Conrad ugh things are getting stressful I'm feeling like Larkin right now and lol Seattle is not a sunny city only sometimes but guess you have to wait till next chapter sorry