Chapter L: Bloody and A Filler

Kendra walked through her portal before snapping it shut behind her. Pepper running up to her to check out the blood stains.

"Oh, my god!" Pepper exclaimed, worried.

"Pepper! Don't touch her-" Tony tried to stop her only to tilt his head as Pepper had already grabbed Kendra and yet she didn't burn her at all. "Well thats- surprising." He muttered as he walked over to them.

"What happened?! You said you were right behind me- but why do you have blood on you? Were you hurt?" Pepper ranted as footsteps came running in. Kendra had sent them all to Shield, ironically since Steve was there as well, using the gym they provided.

"Kendra?!" She heard Steve's voice as soon as he had entered the room. The moment he stood in front of her, his hands feeling her sides and moving her face from side to side.

"I'm fine." Kendra told him calmly. But Steve kept looking for anything- a wound or something. Kendra grabbed his hands, stopping him. "Steve, I am fine." She told him slowly and with sternness. Steve stared at her and then sighed.

"Gotta admit, didn't see this coming." Tony remarked as he watched Steve gush over the woman. Kendra smirked towards Tony.

"Neither did I." She joked. Tony chuckled at her before looking over at Pepper. "She'll be fine. Just needs medical attention." Kendra told him. Tony sighed, relieved.

-

After Tony left to finish off whatever the hell was left out of who attacked him, Kendra was left there with Steve.

"Let's go get you cleaned up." Steve told her softly, grabbing her hand gently to lead her. Kendra allowed him to pull her, bringing her down some halls and to the public shower room in Shield. "Are you sure, you're okay?" Steve asked, as he turned around to look over her again.

"I'm positive. The guy tackled me when I had my gun and he made it go off on him, not me." Steve stared at her a bit shocked. Shocked that the person she was up against was such an idiot. He knew she could handle herself just fine. She was always on top of things. Always one step ahead of everyone.

"You could have been hurt." Steve told her as he turned the shower on. He had locked the shower room doors so no one could enter, even though there was no one there tonight anyway. "What if he hadn't shot himself? What if it would have hit you?"

"You can't live by what ifs." Kendra told him as he helped her with her shirt. Steve looked into her green eyes. "If you live by what ifs all your life- then what kind of living is that? Always afraid of what could happen." Steve shook his head.

"Sometimes it's alright to be afraid of something." He told her, his eyes looking over her body to double check for any wounds.

"I didn't say it wasn't." Kendra told him as she raised her hand and cupped his cheek, making him look up at her again. "Everything is okay. I'm not hurt. No one is hurt." She told him slowly before leaning up and kissing him. Steve smiled against her lips before kissing her back swiftly.

"Fine." Steve muttered before kissing her again.  "Then what's the plan for now? What's next?" He questioned as he moved from her lips to her neck. Kendra rolled her eyes at Steve, moving her head to the side.

"I'm going to have to contact Loki and Thor soon." She told him as she closed her eyes. Feeling his lips brushing along her skin. "Theres a stone I need to get to before it attaches itself to another. And-" She stopped as she moaned out softly. Steve smirking against her neck as his hands rested on her hips, pulling her under the shower head with him. "St-Steve." Kendra gasped before his lips connected with her lips to shush her.

The clanking sound of Kendra's walking stick hitting the floor echoed throughout the shower room as the two kissed. Blood mixing with the warm water as it swirled down the drain. The two standing there, lips connected.