Chapter 14

The next day, my dad dropped me off at school, teasing me about Stiles before leaving. How he had found out about us, I have no idea.

I entered the school building, feeling exhausted. I'd barley had any sleep last night after arriving back home from the hospital. I was too worried over Stiles and felt bad for leaving him alone in his hospital room.

I found Kira walking through the halls of the school and quickly walked up to her. Kira raised an eyebrow at my tired appearance and that was all the invitation I needed to jump into an explanation about what happened last night. Kira listened to all of it with wide eyes and a shocked expression, and when I finished all she said was "wow".

After that, Kira and I just talked about little things, that was, until she spotted Scott walking down the hallway.

"Scott, hey!" Kira called out to him.

Scott ignored her, walking away before getting lost into the crowd. Kira stared after him, hurt flashing across her face.

"I'm sure he just didn't hear you," I told Kira, who seemed unconvinced.

Before I could say anything else, a man a few years older than me, wearing a black leather jacket with black hair walked up to us. I'd never seen him before, and he radiated mysteriousness.

"We need to talk," he said, looking directly at Kira. He glanced at me before adding, "in private."

I resisted the urge to scoff. Rude.

"I'll see you later," I told Kira, who smiled apologetically at me before following the mysterious man.

I sighed and started walking to my class alone. I'd known that Stiles, Scott, and their friends were all in on a big secret, but I hadn't known that Kira was in on it too.

It made me feel left out, disconnected, unimportant, and it hurt.

As I was walking to my class, I was stopped by Scott. Scott and I weren't exactly friends. He was my boyfriend's best friend, but we were more acquaintances than anything else, which made me wonder what he wanted.

"Hey," he greeted.

"Hi..." I replied hesitantly. "What's up?"

Scott smiled a bit.

"Sorry, you just seemed a little lonely," he said.

I shrugged my shoulders, but I was strangely glad that he'd started talking to me when he noticed I'd seemed lonely. Seconds ago, I'd been thinking about how I felt disconnected from everyone else, but this made me think otherwise.

"Well, my only two friends are in the hospital and skipping school," I told him.

"Wait, Kira's skipping school?" Scott asked, surprised.

I nodded my head in answer.

There was an awkward silent for a while as we both walked, not knowing what to say. Finally, Scott spoke again.

"I'm visiting Stiles in the hospital at six, if you want to come," he said.

"I'd like that," I said, nodding before going silent.

The silence dragged on, before, once again, Scott broke it.

"So, what's actually happening between you and Stiles? I mean, are you guys dating or...?" Scott trailed off, waiting for me to speak.

"Uh, well, we're together, and I really like him," I admitted.

Scott smiled.

"Stiles really likes you too. He talks about you all the time," Scott informed me.