Bad news

After summer and I had our match, well after she ran away, I got a match with Zelina Vega, it's about half way through the match and I done a flip from the top turnbuckle but I landed on my back hard, "You need to stop the match" I tell the ref, "Are you okay?" He asked worried "No it's my neck there's something wrong" I tell him. He signals to stop the match, the medics then come running down the ramp and roll me out of the ring, and they put me on the stretcher and bring me to the hospital.

After my X-rays the doctors brought Jey and I into a room, we were just talking until the doctor came in and sat down. "So this right here, that's the screw that we put in your neck the first time you came in, but you obviously hit your neck pretty hard when you were doing that flip, so the screw came loose, and if you keep going like that the screw will eventually come out and it will cause greater pain than you're in right now, but the screw shouldn't have popped out like that, see when we were doing the surgery on your neck, we put tissue surrounding it so that's why you were in the neck brace for 3-6 months, so I'm telling you this now, you have two choices, you either keep wrestling and make your neck get worse and possibly be paralyzed for the rest of your life, or, you can get surgery again, retire from your career and let your neck heal," the doctor stated, "I'll give you two time to talk" he said and left the room. "Look, Y/N, I know this is your choice but I don't want you to be paralyzed for the rest of your life," Jey said softly, I nod my head at him, "Because if your paralyzed how are you gonna feel me pleasuring you?" I look at him with wide eyes "Jey" I said in a shocked tone, "no but all seriousness I don't wanna be paralyzed for the rest of my life" I say and a few tears slipped from my eyes, "So you know what that means don't you?" He asked, I nod my head, "Yeah.." I said and the doctor came back in after a few minutes of silence, "Have you decided yet?" He asked, "I wanna have the surgery" I tell him, he nods his head and asked me to fill out a few forms.

I told Stephanie what happened with my neck and told her I would rather let my neck heal then be paralyzed, she said she supports my decision and will give me time to come up with a retirement speech.

It's been about a few weeks since I've gotten the surgery, I'm at the arena. I see Daniel and Brie sitting down, I walk over to them and I tell them that I have to retire, "Bryan, can I ask you something?" I ask him, he nods his head for me to continue speaking, "So I have to announce my retirement soon, so do you have any idea for what I can say?" I asked, he looked at me and said, "We'll I can't tell you what to say, this is your dream isn't it? Well then let it flow from the heart, because you have a very nice, kind, caring, and a loving heart, so when you go out there, don't let your mind speak, let your heart speak, that's what I did" he finished, I looked at him, my eyes watering, but I don't dare let the tears spill, I blink my eyes repeatedly to get rid of the water in them, and then I speak, "Thanks Bryan" I say to him and I hug Brie and Bryan and walk away to go to my locker room.

So it's the day that I announce my retirement and I'm super emotional, I'm walking down the hallway when Edge pulls me aside, "Hey Y/N I just wanted to ask if you're okay?" He asked, I nod my head, "Yeah, yeah I'm fine" I reply to him, "No you're not" he said reading my mind, "Look, I know you wanna come across as tough because you are tough, and the strongest thing you can do tonight is let out a few tears, if you want to that is, but I just want to remind you that there is life after all of this, take me for example, I retired over ten years ago, and I've been in films, I've helped makes songs I've done everything on my bucket list, so just remember that okay" he said, I nod my head and he pulled me into a hug "Thanks Adam" I say to him while my voice cracked.

So it's time for me to go out there and announce, I have Naomi and Charlotte walking out with me but they're gonna leave once I start talking, "Are you ready?" Charlotte and Naomi asked in sync. "No, but I'm gonna have to do it soon so why not now" I say to them, they each give me a hug and my music plays. 

We get into the ring, I grab a microphone and before I spoke Charlotte hugged me and whispered "I love you okay? You got this" I nod my head , "Thanks Charlotte, I love you too" then Naomi came over and gave me a hug, "if you look on the bright side you can have time to plan your wedding" she said while laughing, making me laugh. We let go and I start speaking, "So, some of you guys already know this, some of you don't, so I have to come clean to you guys" I said to the audience, "so you guys haven't seen me in the ring in quite a while, and that's because, when I had my match with Zelina Vega, I done a flip from the top rope, and I landed on my neck hard, which caused me severe pain. So I went to the doctors and got an X-ray, they said I could either have surgery again, and retire to let my neck heal, or I could keep wrestling and possibly be paralyzed for the rest of my life, and I'm sorry if I'm letting you guys down right now but I came out here to announce that I will no longer be an in ring competitor," I got cut off by the audience chanting, "Thank you Y/N" which made me cry, I gave them a few minutes to chant that, then I spoke again and they went quiet, "This is very hard for me to say because, this is my heart this is my soul and this is my blood" I say while pointing at the ground of the ring, "but I mostly want to thank WWE for giving me this opportunity of a life time, and I want to thank Daniel Bryan, because he had to retire from a career ending injury, and he came back and for that he gives me hope, so thank you for that and I also want to thank Edge, he talked to me tonight before I came out here, he showed me that there's life after WWE, and he's one of the most famous actors now, and most importantly I want to thank you guys, you guys believed in me when I didn't, and ten years ago here in Florida, I made my debut and ten years later this is the place where I want to retire" I say with a few tears slipping down my face, "This is your house" they chant, I take a few minutes to regain myself and then I speak up, "I love each and every single one of you and yes, this will always be my house" I say my voice cracking at the end of my sentence, I lay one of my t-shirts down on the floor of the ring, after that I get out of the ring, and see a few little girls and little boys crying, I walk over to them and hug them, "I'll be back, I'll promise you guys that" I said to them, I side skipped around the ring, I walked to the ramp and skipped up it, I high five a few fans, and hug other fans or I sign my autographs on their posters or the merch they bought, when I got to the top of the ramp I bowed, and I blew kisses to everyone, and I walked backstage crying because I had to retire, when I got back Aria was the first to come over and hug me, "I'm proud of you mom" she said, I lean into her hug and wrap my arms around her tightly. Then Jey came over and hugged me and basically everyone hugged me.