Why a Gardener? (Part 2)

Chapter 2: A Gardener's Life

As one of the most wealthy and prestigious family in the kingdom, the Sullivan household have at least a hundred of servants attending to the family's daily needs. They were known to be illustrious and luxurious, a true noble family. While the patriach was a known a respectable head of the royal knights, the Madam of the Sullivan household was a socialite. Usually donning a deep red dress, her painted face was akin to that of an enchantress, it was both intoxicating and alluring.

It was for that same reason that the patriach had built a large garden for her as a gift for their engagement. Even after their marriage, the garden still held a significance for the Madam. In order to maintain it's beauty , the Sullivan hired many gardeners to tend the garden.

In the middle of the blazing sun, a dozen of tanned workers endures the heat just to finish pruning the well crafted plants. Their straw hat could barely give them a shade, just the sight of them was enough to give anyone a worry. Inspite that, the gardeners did their best to finish the job, otherwise the Madam would have another fit if her beloved flowers look quite "shriveled" in the middle of summer.

"Oh my, it seems that the flowers had bloomed quite well, madam would definitely be pleased", a middle aged maid nodded her head, silently observing the garden. To her side was a pleased young maid, making happy humming noises in agreement.

"You guys may a have rest. The Madam will visit here tommorow", along with the clap of her hand, the head maid dismisses the exhausted gardeners. Weary figures walk their way towards the the greenhouse, finally retreating towards the cooler area.

A solemn figure removes his straw hat. No matter how much he fans himself, the summer heat still warms up his toasted face. The gardener beside him laughs, probably at the fact that his coworker looks like he was about to pass out.

The gardener furrowed his brows, he wasn't pleased that he had to work like some camel in the middle of a desert even during summer. To his dismay, none of his co-workers seem to care for his plight, perhaps even them had been immune to the nasty labor rules here.

After taking five minutes cooldown, the gardener had switch out his working overall to that of a simple white long sleeves. The person in charge of crafting the bushes had arrived. Waving his hand, he had left to do some light shopping.

In the middle of the busy street, all types of peddler's sell their wears in a hypermode. The competition was too intense that it was as if there was an ongoing war. Even the gardener had gotten anxious.

"Healing salves here!!! It is effective!!!"

"New armor!!!!Made of dwarven's scales!!!"

"Please visit Lilith's paradise!!!We have special offers tonight"

"Buying monster meat here!!!1 gold per body"

Holding his fully filled bag, the gardener happily munch on some roasted salamander meat as he strolls around the area. To him, this completely new place was a true novelty. After relaxing, he does not feel too tired anymore

"Who do you think you are?", suddenly a man's voice destroyed the merry atmosphere. The crowd scattered in fear, as a burly man grabs a seemingly younger man by the helm of his blouse. The young man wore an impassive look, as if the screaming man was just an annoying insect. As expected, the man become enraged, raising his other fist to punch the youth.

To his surprise, someone else stopped him from doing so. Behind him was a valiant looking young man, looking positively pissed. A punch had been planted towards his face. It was quite strong, considering that the bigger man tumbled towards the muddy road.

As the crowd clamored in shock, the gardener felt like all the bones in his body was smashed instead.

"That guy, isn't that the infamous third son of that house?", the nearby bystanders whispered, peeking at the black haired youth. "That's right. Look at how hot headed he is", a faceless man pointed out. Beside him was an old man who shook his head in disdain. "Hey, don't be so loud about it. What if he heard us? Wouldn't it be bad?"

"I heard that guy's mother was executed. Cannot be helped, she was a lunatic after all"

"Shush. She claimed that her child was the son of the king was. It was too much. Who does she think she is? The queen?'

"As expected of a farmer's daughter. Just because the count fancy her, she thought she could reach the sky"

"That child is probably the same"

The bystander all shook their head.

Beside them, Bao Min also shook his head. This kind of gossip mongers usually end up tragically.

Well anyway, thanks for the introduction. That guy is definitely the protagonist. The extras did well introducing him. Angtsy background? Check. Revenge plot? Check. The neglected son? Check. Ruthless? Check. Also he was quite strong and had a face that screams "I am the protagonist", without a doubt, that is the protagonist.

It looks like the mc and the protagonist had met. This must be the start of a wonderful love story. After all, it isn't rare nowadays for canon fodders to change into pure lotuses or just began counterattacking the plot, changing the entire BG plotline into BL. I wish for your happiness, Zhi Xie.

Bao Min happily finish his roasted meat. Perhaps he will get to see an intense romance story. Good luck, MC!!!

______________________________________

Thanks for reading>^<

Have you read Welcome to Demon school Iruma-kun? Yes...I named Alec's family after his adorable grandpa.