"Oh!" She exclaimed before laughing, "how terribly rude of me, Kassandra, my name is Lilith."

It was Kassandra's turn to have her eyes widen only to squint in confusion, "So.... You're Adam's' first wife? The one who was cast into hell with Lucifer because she wouldn't submit to him?"

There was only silence before it was broken by a chuckle from Lilith as she turned to Lucifer, "Nothing gets passed this one does it."

She faced Kassandra again, "Yes, that Lilith, I'm quite surprised though - usually the mortal world misconstrues the information."

"My ... my mother would tell me.."

Liliths' eyes lit up in understanding, as she nodded, "Ah yes that does make sense, your mother was a brave woman."

"You knew her?" Kassandra sat up in a haste, only to convulse in pain, her body unable to support her weight.

Her yell of agony seem to finally wake Ravanna, who immediately shot up and looked to Kassandra. She quickly moved closer to her, reaching for her hand, "What is it? What happened?"

Kassandra was breathing heavily and her eyes skewed shut while she gripped Ravanna's hand. Lilith and Lucifer watched as the scene unfolded, unable to do anything until the pain passed.

"I'm ok" Kassandra rasped, "I'm ok."

She looked to Lilith again," You knew my mother?"

Lilith looked at her sadly, "No, my dear child, I didn't know your mother I'm sorry."

"But you said..."

"Yes, she was a brave woman from what I've heard."

Kassandra's breathing evened out, almost eerily so while her eyes focused on nothing but the wall opposite of her.

"What.... What have you heard?"

Lilith looked to Lucifer who nodded, seeming apprehensive.

"It's.... It's not the happiest story."

In a rare moment of what seemed to be emptiness, Kassandra said "yeah well, story of my life."

The Queen and King of Hell looked at each other once more, "Your mother... your mother, as you know was an angel of god. Do you remember this?"

Kassandra continued to stare blankly, "A .... A halfling is what he called me."

Lilith nodded, "Yes, a halfling, millennia ago god had forbidden angels from reproducing with humans because..."

"Because their offspring would eventually go insane."

Ravanna tried to meet Kassandra's eye but was unsuccessful, she shot a worrying look towards Lucifer.

"Yes" Lilith continued, "but your mother fell in love with your father and to protect him and later you, she had to cease all ties and connectIons to god, other angels, and heaven itself in order to stay off their radar."

"But in the end, it wasn't enough."

Lilith pursed her lips, "No," she said sadly, "it wasn't enough."

The room was tense with silence and the air coiled as if it too was holding its breath.

Lucifer was the one to break it, "Kassandra.. we- I have some questions for you, if that's alright."

Kassandra's eyes slowly floated over to Ravanna, who was already looking at her.

"Can you help me sit up?"

Ravanna struggled, Kassandra was still in pain, if she moved her, she could make it worse.

"Please?" Kassandra pleaded.