Chapter 47

Third Person POV

Lucifer and Lilith stared on in horror at the scene they just witnessed. Lust and the others were lifting Ravanna's body onto the bed beside Kassandra's. Each of them running off into different directions in order to get the necessary items to see what caused this sort of reaction.

Lust stayed at her bedside, placing the back of her hand on Ravanna's temple, she takes it away just as quickly, "She's burning up, I need wet towels and ice packs to bring down her temperature!"

Just as Lilith and Lucifer ready themselves to be of help, Kassandra's heart rate starts spike, they both look at each other and Lucifer yells, "I'll get the ice - you tend to Kassandra," and they each dart off in their given directions.

Pride and Envy having gotten Ravanna's heart monitor connected, the monitor showing a similar increase to that of Kassandra's and hardly anyone can hear nothing but the machines going haywire. The rest of the seven yelling at each other, providing clashing instructions or theories as to what exactly might be happening but it all seemed useless.

Lucifer comes running backing into the room, breathing heavily. He stands in the doorway, the chatter within the room almost deafening until finally, "Quiet!"

Everyone stops and all that could be heard are the heart monitors, beeping in tandem. He looks over at both Kassandra and Ravanna, head turning to each bed as he slowly walks over.

Lust, impatient with Lucifer's inaction, "We need to-"

"I said quiet."

Still breathing heavily, Lucifer stands between the two beds and everything seems to pause for only a moment before Lucifer drops the ice packs while he moves to Ravanna's bed.

"Greed, Pride - move Kassandra to the other side of her bed- make enough room for Ravanna to lay beside her. Lust, quickly, help me move her."

Greed and Pride move to Kassandra's bed, each moving carefully while Lilith moves any wires that might be in the way. Kassandra's just barely moved enough when Lucifer and Lust move Ravanna, they lean them against each other, stepping back only to wait with bated breath to see if anything changes.

It seems like it takes minutes to work but in reality it only took seconds. Both of their heart rates slowed down almost instantaneously and a relieved breath was collectively taken.

No one moved though, afraid that if they did the small moment of peace would be ruined. The first to speak was Lucifer, "They're linked."

Lilith and the seven turned their heads towards Lucifer, not daring to move further than that.

"I'm sure that each of you know that Ravanna marked her before the chaos that ensued at the temple," he paused before looking at them, "giving Kassandra her mark before the transformation saved her life. That being said, Kassandra giving Ravanna her mark in turn saved her I think."

"Ravanna was wounded twice with an otherworldly weapon, both times Kassandra saved her," Lust added.

Lucifer nodded, "Yes and I tried broaching the topic with Ravanna but she had no answers. Throughout history, there's not been a situation quite like this. I'm trying to gather as much information as I can but it's been difficult."

There was silence and the only sound to be prevailing was the -now steady - beeping from both heart monitors until this time Lilith voice her thoughts, " There are myths or legends rather that I've caught in passing years but that's all that I thought they were, myths. But seeing Ravanna and Kassandra I don't think I can deny it."

Lucifer looks over to her, "What is it, my queen?"

She pursed her lips, "To the few that have marked each other, claiming the other as their own, when they're separated from each other for too long, they got sick and some almost always went a little insane. But even more than that they're sometimes able to pick up on..... what if... "

"If what, Lilith?"

She looked at Lucifer with a worried gaze, "What if they feel each others emotions? Actually experience it for themselves? Because it wasn't until Ravanna's panic that Kassandra's heart rate started to spike -"

"And the second that their bodies felt that the other was near, they both calmed down," Lucifer finished.

"If they're kept from each other too long, they could be dangerous," Lilith continued.

Everyone looked at each other, they were all thinking the same thing but were too scared to actually voice it.

This was inexperienced territory, they didn't know the outcomes for what might happen. But after seeing what Kassandra could do - if pushed enough- it could be quite literally, earth shattering.