One Shot: What if the Princess Never Left the Castle?

Introduction:
How would Y/N's life have been if she never left the castle as a baby? Would she still fall in love with Severus?

This is a request from Amaya_Honeybelle. Thank you for your request!

Y/H/N, John and Mary Smith aren't in this one shot as Y/N never met them.

I hope you enjoy!

Published: 3/25/2022
———————————————

Word count: 3.7k

One would wonder what would have happened if the Princess never left the castle twenty years ago.

Would she still be friends with Harry, Hermione and Ron? Would she still love horses and donkeys?

And perhaps most importantly, would she still fall in love with Severus? Would he even be her personal guard?

Well, it's time to find out.
______________________________

Baby

Tom Riddle and his men never attacked the castle - which is why everything is peaceful. The village is safe, and the people are happy.

Perhaps not as happy as the royal family, of course.

All of them are sitting outside in the royal garden, enjoying the sunshine.

Being new parents, the King and Queen can't help but hold the Princess constantly.

The King smiles at his daughter before gently tickling her stomach. The small girl giggles.

"Are you sure you don't want a break, your Majesty? I can hold her for a while" the Advisor suggests, hoping they will give in.

Alas, her pleads are heard by deaf ears.

"We are certain, Minerva. I fear if I don't hold her now, she will be a teenager tomorrow and doesn't want our presence!" the King exclaims.

The others laugh at the worried King. "My dear brother, I'm quite certain she won't grow up THAT fast" Lucius states as he chuckles.

The King sighs. "I guess you are right. Very well, why don't you hold her, Lucius?" he questions.

Lucius is quick on his feet. "I would love to" he says as he gently takes his niece in his arms.

He can't help but smile as he looks down at her. Narcissa stands next to him, smiling at her niece as well.

Suddenly, the girl grabs a chunk of his long hair, gently tugging it.

Narcissa can't help but laugh at her husband. "I think she likes your hair, Lucius" she teases.

Lucius merely chuckles, making sure his hair is out of reach for his niece.

By the bushes in the garden, Prince Draco is standing there alone as he looks at his parents. The boy is feeling a bit jealous and sad. He wants attention, too.

Noticing the three-year old prince, the Wise Old Man gently taps on his shoulder.

"Why don't you go over and see your cousin? Come on, go ahead" he suggests as he directs the boy in the direction of his parents.

Albus smiles as the boy slowly approaches them, tugging on his mother's dress to gain her attention.

Narcissa smiles as she looks at her son. "Hi, dear Draco. Do you want to see your cousin?" she asks.

As the boy nods, his mother lifts him up so he can see the Princess in Lucius' arms. The two cousins are looking at each other.

The blonde-haired couple coos when Y/N gently grabs Draco's finger.