Chapter 5

Word count: 2.4k
Warning: Accusations of stealing

Outside the castle, the four friends walk towards the village houses. Y/N however stops as she remembers something.

"Sorry, guys. I promised Y/H/N to visit her today" she says while looking apologetic.

Hermione smiles. "It's okay, Y/N. Ron, Harry and I will stay here and wait for you" she states, gesturing for the girl to go and see her horse.

Giving a grateful smile, Y/N turns around and walks towards the fences where the royal family keeps their horses as well as donkeys.

She can't help but admire the animals. She has always had a love for animals, especially horses and donkeys.

She immediately spots her white horse eating some grass.

"Hi, I see that you haven't been lonely while I was gone, huh?" she says as she giggles, petting her companion.

Her horse neighs in happiness, nuzzling the girl's cheek.

"I missed you too" she exclaims as she wraps her arms around its neck, hugging it.

Suddenly, another horse neighs, trying to gain the girl's attention.

It's right next to her own horse, this one is black instead of white. The black horse tilts its head, seeming curious as it looks at the girl in front of it.

Y/N slowly brings her hand towards it, letting it smell her and decide whether it trusts her or not. It seems to do so as it walks closer.

The girl decides to slowly and gently pet the black horse. Neighing, the horse returns her gesture by nuzzling her arm.

She chuckles. "Well, hello. Thank you for keeping Y/H/N company" she says, thanking it. The black horse neighs once more, still nuzzling her arm.

Y/N is startled as somebody from behind clears their throat.

As she slowly turns around to face the person, she widens her eyes. It's the knight in black armour.

She shyly smiles at him. "Oh, hello" she says while giving a small wave.

The knight merely nods in greeting, looking between the girl and the black horse.

"I see that he's fond of you. He usually doesn't trust others" he states, petting the horse. It immediately responds to him, looking really happy to see him.

"Is he yours?" she questions, looking at the knight.

He nods. "Indeed he is. He usually doesn't let the workers feed him. He only trusts me. Why don't you give it a try?" he suggests, handing her a carrot.

Nodding, she takes the offered food and slowly brings it towards the black horse's mouth. It immediately munches on the carrot, almost eating it in one go.

"Impressive, it seems as if he trusts you already. I suppose this one is yours?" he questions as he gestures to the white horse next to his.

"Yes, that she is. Her name is Y/H/N. And my name is Y/N Smith" she says as she smiles at the knight in front of her.

He raises an eyebrow, seeming confused by her kindness.

"You are the girl from before in the castle, aren't you? Well, his name is Thunder. I found him during a thunderstorm when he was a foal, abandoned and alone. I decided to keep him, I have never regretted it. He's really loyal" he explains, patting his horse.

"Oh, yeah, that's right. And I'm so glad you were the one who found Thunder. I can tell that you care about him a lot. I apologise for what happened before, by the way. I'm sure the boys didn't mean to talk about you like that" Y/N says, referring to Harry and Ron calling him "the Grumpy Knight".