Chapter 22: The Battle Against Titans

Start from the beginning

Mikasa nodded firmly and they went their way towards the barracks.

"Hey, where did you two went? You know were just given 5 minutes right? If you're not ready by then we'll leave you both." Eren exclaimed.

"Relax Eren, we just had a hard time weaving through the crowd." Armin explained as he wears his gear.

"I'm so pumped right now! To think that we'll be able to gain our freedom after all these years." Eren said dramatically while looking at his fist.

"You really like all the action huh?" Armin told him.

"You're not even that good." Jean commented. "If it wasn't for Mikasa you would be long gone."

"Why don't you say that straight to my face jean-boy?"

"Hey! What's taking you all so damn long? Hurry up and get to your stations already!" An angry officer shouted at them.

As they headed to the battlefield they were greeted with a gruesome scene. Blood everywhere. They saw how the knights of the 2nd Division slay titans after titans. They were extremely good.

"What are you all standing there for? Are you here simply to watch?" someone said.

"Quit bitching Oruo. They are newly graduates you know."

"Tsk. Think I didn't know that already, Petra?" He said with a bored expression.

"Stop trying to act like Captain Levi, it's disgusting you know." Petra said while shivering. "Let's go fight already, those knights are taking all the action." Petra added.

"Well kids, you'll finally see the strongest soldiers in action. Feel free to watch more." Oruo said.

"You're really a showoff aren't you. Come on already. Hey kids don't mind him."

The two then walk towards the battlefield.

"Okay, what just happened?" Jean said dumbfounded.

"I think they are part of the Levi Squad. They are the ones with the most titan kills." Armin told them.

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's go!" Eren said as he began to run towards the battlefield.

"Eren!" Mikasa shouted as she followed him.

"Come on everyone, let's dedicate our hearts!" Marco said as all of them join the battle.

The battle lasted for days. The casualties were at a bare minimum due to the combined efforts of the three regiments and the Order of the Knights 2nd Division. It was nighttime and the gang were together at the barracks.

"I'm exhausted." Connie said as he lie on the ground.

"Me too. I need food." Sasha said, her energy looks depleted.

"We've only been fighting for days but the results were already great." Armin said.

"Those knights were highly skilled what do you expect?" Jean said as matter of fact.

"They were really good. No good is not the right term. Especially the man who spoke during the announcement." Marco told them.

"Oh you mean Sir Michael?" Eren answered.

"How did you know his name? He never mentioned it." Jean asked.

Eren looks surprised. Right he didn't bother telling them their name.

"We heard someone mentioned it among the knights we were fighting alongside." Armin chimed in.

"Oh, I see." Jean simply waved off the topic.

Mikasa and Armin looked at Eren and he simply stared at them as well. He almost slipped.

"I wonder what's gonna happen after we killed all the titans." Krista said.

"The two of us are gonna get married of course." Ymir said playfully.

Krista punched her arm telling her to shut up.

"They will probably ask something in return. That's just natural." says Jean.

"But what could they possibly ask, didn't that guy, what was his name again? Ah, Sir Michael said that they are one of the greatest empire in the entire world?" Connie said sitting up.

"I can't believe you listened." Sasha told him.

"Haha very funny! I bet you didn't listen since he didn't mentioned anything about food." He said accusingly.

"Jean is right. But we can only prepare for what's coming next." Armin told them.

"You kids again?! Instead of talking why don't you go outside and help." Oruo said as he comes inside the barracks.

They notice the box in his arms.

"Sir, what are those?"

"Rations."

Life seemed to come back to Sasha as she runs outside as if a titan is chasing her, with Connie following behind. The others followed them and Armin apologized to Oruo in which he simply gave them a 'tsk'. Looks like he wants to act cool that much.

Its been a week and the numbers of titans immensely decreased. Their efforts are finally paying off. There wasn't even a time needed for Eren to use his abilities, the knights are just so damn good! Eren, Armin and Mikasa already witnessed these people's capabilities. Mikasa even fought against some of them. But fighting alongside them feels different.

The 2nd Division is under Duke Heroux's command. The man who tried to kill them. Known as the Wolf, ruthless to his enemies. They haven't seen what his capable of but looking at the people under him, his definitely good. Then what about the ones Mikasa went against with, why does those knights seemed so weak.

The trio haven't seen Sir Michael again since the time he spoke to the soldiers. From what they heard he was at the frontlines. A great knight like him would definitely be there. Would he recognize them if he saw them?