[Part-1] A new world, yet not an unfamiliar one

Someone was standing on top of the old abandoned building.

Black hair, brown eyes and medium sized figure. There was nothing special about this woman. One might think that she might've been here to commit to suicide after seeing the state her clothes and hair were in.

She wasn't depressed, there were moments she was happy and moments where she was sad. What mattered was that on which moments one chose to focus on. Right?

Even her life was nothing special. Sure, it could've been better. But it wasn't.

'What's the point of whining about it now?'

She closed her eyes as she felt the winter breeze pass her by.

She didn't come here to commit suicide. She came here because she felt she was at her breaking point. She just couldn't bring herself to cry in front of them. She couldn't let herself be vulnerable in front of them no matter how much they said they loved her.

'Pity isn't something I need nor want.'

A regular day. That was how it went after she came back. Nothing special.

(U - U)

"So then how did I wake up like this?"

She had woken up as a part of the cat tribe from Trash of The Count's Family.

'Let's try to stay calm here. I slept on my own bed but woke up as this cat. If this really is TOTCF then the fact that I've been either reincarnated or transmigrated here means that the God of Death did something. Or perhaps it was some other god...

I've read up to the 1st part of the novel so I know for sure that reincarnation, transmigration, single lifers and what-not can't be cut off as mere coincidences here.

It might be that my situation was like Kim Rok Soo's as well. If I remember correctly then... There are exceptions and variables to basically the 'laws' of nature. Exceptions being immortals, which might or might not be around, and single lifers, like Choi Han. Variables being reincarnation and transmigration. And then there's another 'category'.

The Regressors. The original Cale Henituse was an example of a Regressor.

This is all that I know that might be a clue to my reincarnation.'

She took another deep breath as she once again focused on her 'situation'.

'Now then, I should probably try to remember all of the storyline for TOCF. Right? Yea. After that I can find out which timeline I'm in. Although being a part of the Fog Cat tribe isn't the best with Cale having a lot of them being slaughtered, I can still escape. I doubt that I won't be getting involved with Cale and the like but I can keep my distance.

Especially from the White Star.'

She slowly got up and tried to find balance in her new body. Although she did like cats in her last life, she did not like being one.

'Wait... Am I even a female right now...? Even if as a cat I don't want to be a male!'

A look of horror passed her face as she slowly gulped before doing the unspeakable.

[A/n: I know you all know what it is. Don't you play dumb with me!]

Sighing in relief when she realized she was still a female, she quickly moved out of the small hut sized house. It was a really simple and basic place. Most of the houses were like hers but there were still worse ones and of course, there were grand and luxurious houses as well.

Her house had a small place for a make shift kitchen, a small cupboard which used to store almost all of her necessities, which weren't much, and a bed.