Chapter 25

Reese's POV
____________________________________

Marcy laid with her head on my chest, breathing softly. I stroked her hair soothingly, watching her with a blank expression as I pathetically attempted to get my thoughts in order.

She looked peaceful and innocent, despite the strong scent of alcohol mixed with perfume exuding from her body.

Is it possible to love and hate someone simultaneously?

I sighed, moving her hair out of her face.
Do I not have any self control?
How did I end up helping her while she was injured and even worse, with my fingers inside of her?

More than self control, do I not have any self respect?

I grunted, annoyed. I slipped out from underneath Marcy's unconscious body, going to the bathroom to freshen up.

Tai doesn't believe that I can get over Marcy and in all honesty, neither do I.
Not for now, at least.

Marcy had looked up at me with her siren-like eyes, saying that I was giving her mixed signals and that if I hated her, I should just act like it.

That almost broke me. Almost.
I don't hate her. I should, but I don't.

I'm not sure if that makes me stupid.
I just know that in the moment all I wanted to do was hold her close and whisper sweet nothings in her ear, while gripping her throat menacingly for what she had done to me.

Ah. Of course I'll give her mixed signals if I have mixed emotions.

I stepped inside the bathroom, rinsing off my face and brushing my teeth to distract my thoughts.
Tai had invited me out with the group to a random club, which we were obviously going to sneak into.

I was planning on spending the night inside to look after Marcy, but I stopped myself in that thought process.

Stay inside to look after Marcy?

I have no obligations towards her.
I should stop centering everything that I do around her.
I have to constantly remind myself that if she wanted the relationship as much as I did, we wouldn't be in this situation.

I set the toothbrush aside, rinsed out my mouth and put my hair up.
I am so fucking tired of obsessively thinking about someone who didn't even have the decency to stay loyal.

And so, I set myself a goal for the night.

Forget about Marceline fucking Haze.

I left the hotel room, not bothering to look at Marcy as I left because I knew that seeing her laying there alone would drastically impact my decision.

Eventually, I made it to Tai as he stood with Kennedy and the rest of our friend group.
They seemed to be inwardly discussing the plan as everyone else either sat by the pool or went up to their rooms since it was getting close to 9PM.
I took a stand next to Tai as they muttered amongst themselves about how to get there.

"Yo." Tai looked down at me, his arm hooked with Kennedy's.
"We leaving soon?" I enquired.
"We? You speaking French or somethin?" Tai looked confused.
Does he think that he's funny?

"We as in us, dumbass. I'm going with you." I rolled my eyes.
"I thought you were booked and busy for the night, looking after Marceline." Tai stated while Kennedy looked at me, curious as to what my answer was about to be.
I let out a mixture of an uneasy chuckle and an exhale, avoiding eye contact, "Nah, Fuck that."
Tai blinked in surprise as Kennedy seemed annoyed, "Bet, bet."