Chapter 11

Reese's POV
____________________________________

Marceline fucking Haze bro.
I swear that she's going to be the death of me.

The last time I saw her was a few days ago, after we finished in the shower she left almost instantly which annoyed me because I didn't want her to go.
If anything, I wanted to spend all the time that I could with her which sounds corny, doesn't it?

I sat in the skate park on one of the ramps, looking up at the dazzling stars in the sky.
It was like 11PM and I should be on my way home since nobody else is here, but this is my haven.
The cold air kissed my cheeks and the moon watched over me in a way that the sun never could.
I took a cigarette out of my pocket and sighed.
Should I stop smoking? Yes.
Am I going to any time soon? Probably not.

Smoking was one of my worst habits, right next to Marceline.
Marcy was first but seeing as she's not here, I lit the cigarette, put it in my mouth and inhaled sharply.

The smoke filled my lungs, intoxicatingly so.
I immediately felt the tension release from my shoulders as I exhaled, feeling myself slip into a state of euphoria.
That is, until I heard a car stop and a radio blasting Everybody Wants To Rule The World.
Shit, Only one person drives around playing that song obnxiously loud.

"Is that you Miller?" I heard a laugh followed by the slam of a car door.
I rolled my eyes, looking up at Louise as she walked over to me while my hair fell in my face.
She's much taller than me, it's easy to tell even though I'm sitting down.
"Fuck do you want?" my tone was cold as I took another puff, Lord knows that I need it especially when dealing with this girl.
"Ah, not even a hello?" she stood in front of me, her car door open and the music still playing.
I played with the cigarette in between my ring covered fingers, "Hello, what the fuck do you want?"

I could feel Louise's eyes on me and with the intensity of her stare, I already knew what she wanted to talk about.
"What's going on with you and Marcy?" she asked, blunt and straight to the point.
Yep, there it is.
I chuckled, crushing the head of the cigarette against the concrete beside me.
"Quite frankly, none of your business." I looked up and tried to ignore the jacket that clothed Louise's body.
The same jacket that Marcy once wore.
She gave it back?

"If I hear about you two getting close, it is my business."
"How so, hm? How are you so convinced that you control who she gets close to?" I enquired, leaning back and using my arms to support my body.
"I know that the only reason you're getting close to her is to get on my nerves, Miller. It's not going to work."

I tried to hide how much that statement pissed me off, "Oh, is that what you think?"
"It is what I think."
"You know what?" I got up, "I actually don't give a fuck about what you think, you're not important." I started to walk away, skateboard in hand, already done with the conversation.

"I'm sure you don't care what I think but what if I told Marcy, huh?" Louise spoke up again.
I stopped dead in my tracks, clutching my skateboard.
I turned around, looking into her eyes, "Louise, if you even go near her again I'll make your life a living hell."

With that, I left the skate park, kicking her car door closed and locking her keys inside.
I ignored her yelling at me, throwing up a middle finger as I walked down the street.

~

I invited Marcy over to my house, this time without anyone else around. I barely get to spend time with her and that's what I was hoping to do today. Our previous visit ended rather abruptly, I wonder if she regrets anything that happened between us.

I heard my doorbell ring and immediately got up, nearly stumbling over my own two feet as I went to open the door.
As I did, there she stood, Marceline, looking like an absolute angel.
A blue floral skirt hugged her waist tightly with a plain white top but what caught my eye was the bright anklet she wore.

Only heaven knows what I would do to have her legs wrapped around my head with her feet up in the air, her anklet dangling...But I digress.

"Come in." I said, moving aside.
"First tell me why you invited me over." her voice was soft, yet demanding.
"I wanted to see you."
"That's not good enough of a reason."
"But you came regardless." my tone was cocky and as expected, she took a step inside.
Marcy always makes a point out of hating how cocky I am, but it doesn't change the fact that she obliges to what I want each and every time.

I took her hand, leading her to the back yard, "Make yourself comfortable, hm?"
She remained silent, looking around the yard with big eyes.
Guess she liked the pool or fountain or something.

I sat her down on the picnic blanket that was placed on the fresh green grass, taking her bag and putting it beside her.
I had asked the personal chef that my father hired to make a spread which was a board covered with fruits, cheese, crackers, oven baked bread along with juice and champagne.

"What is all of this for?" she asked.
"For you." I sat down beside her, "Do you like it?"
"I do." her eyes went to the champagne and in reaction, I picked up the bottle and popped it open, pouring both of us a bubbly glass.
"You didn't have to do all of this, you know that right?"
"I wanted to." I handed her a glass, "Only the best for my princess, yeah?"

Marcy took the glass and put it next to her, paying it no mind.
Instead, she threw herself into my arms, wrapping her own arms around me into a tight embrace.
I blinked a few times before reciprocating the hug, "I'm getting hugged because?"
"Because I don't know how else to say thank you." she tightened the hug then placed a kiss on my cheek.

That's how most of the afternoon was spent as we got comfortable, eating food and simply enjoying each other's company.

She eventually ended up laying with her head on my lap, looking up at me as I fed her grapes.
"You're amazing, you know that?" she whispered, just loud enough for me to hear.
I didn't say anything, yet offered her a smile while I put another grape into her mouth, moving her hair out of her face.

"So which is it, do you like me or hate me?" I asked as she chewed.
Marcy rolled her eyes, lifting up her arms to grab my face, "It's complicated...But what I do know is that right now, I can't picture my life without you in it."
I felt my heart skip a beat.
She pulled my face down, giving me a kiss.

I've never pictured myself in this position, not only this soft for someone but this soft for a girl.

I wasn't sure if I was ready to be in a relationship, nevermind in one with a girl.
I wasn't sure if I was ready to come out to my parents or if I was ready for the reaction of everyone that I knew, everyone at school.

My stomach dropped at the thought, that I would never be able to love Marcy as openly as she deserves, to claim her proudly in front of anyone that asked.

I wasn't sure of anything and I don't know if I ever will be...But what I do know is that with her lips pressed against mine and with my heart bouncing inside of my chest, I didn't want to lose her.

Why did this have to come with so many complications?
Is love not enough?

My head buzzed with thoughts as she let go of me, repositioning herself to look up at the sky, her head still in my lap.
I started to braid her hair slowly.

In that moment, I decided:
No grave can hold my body down
I'll crawl home to her.

___________________________________

Date Published: 10 July 2020

The last quote is a Hozier quote that I absolutely adore lmao don't sue me 😩🙏 .

Your support means the most to me angels! Thank you for all the comments, votes, reads, adding this story to your reading list, everything!
You make my heart burst!

Stay safe :)
With everlasting love,
angelsclique