"Mugga, you've been pissin' me off all day. Shut the fuck up" Elijah shook his head, putting the cake on the counter.

Lai's jaw dropped, she nodded her head "Aight" She mumbled then bumped past him "Nana, can you watch the shrimp please?" She asked.

Nana nodded, looking concerned at Lai looking as if she wanted to cry.

Lai walked into their room while putting her red knotless braids in a messy bun. She quickly wiped the tear that slipped out, she walked into the bathroom.

She turned the shower on before stripping out her clothes, throwing them into her dirty clothes hamper. She stepped into the shower, letting boiling hot water hit her skin.

She sighed just standing there letting the water hit her body.

She felt arms wrap around her waist, instantly rolling her eyes knowing it was just Elijah. "Please move," She said lowly, moving his arms from around her.

"Mugga I'm sorry," He said sincerely, pulling her back towards him.

"You didn't have to say it like that in front of everyone," She said, giving in to him wanting to be close to her.

"And I'm sorry fa' that," He said honestly and turned her around to face him. She nodded "Okay"

He picked her up by the waist before hooking his arm underneath her thighs to hold her up. "What's been up wit' you tho? You have been fussin' a lot the past 2 days." He said.

"I'm glad you brought it up cause I've been dying to talk about it for a fuckin' hot min. First of all, you ain't shit" She mugged him.

He scrunched his face up "What I do?"

She sighed, wrapping her arms around his neck then laid her head on his shoulder "You know how you said you'll always love me no matter what and will tell me every day if needed?" She asked.

"Yeah," He replied, kissing her cheek.

"I think I need to hear it" She mumbled into his neck.

He leaned his head back to look at her face "What happened? I did something?" He asked, concerned.

She shook her head "Nooo, papa no. You're perfect, it was me." She assured him. She took a deep breath, embarrassed about what she was about to say "I had a dream you cheated on me the other day"

Elijah tucked his lips trying not to laugh in her face "Mugga, you been in a bad mood over a dream?" He chuckled.

"Yes! It felt so real. Then when I woke up, you were just sleeping so peacefully and I couldn't go back to sleep because of the thunder" She shook her head.

She couldn't stand dreams like that, they always put her in a bad mood for so long too. It made her madder because she knew that Elijah would never cheat on her or his whole life would fall apart, she was confused about why she had the dream.

He shook his head "You know I love you and would neva' do not dumb shit like that"

She nodded "I know. I wanted to fuck you sooooo bad when I woke up then on top of that, you were sleeping so peacefully when I woke up. I wanted to punch you so bad" She sighed, saying it like it was nothing.