For some reason. Aerie thought.

"Sleeping's fun, huh?" He laughed, towering over her with his body that was two heads taller than her. "Found ya in the art room. Guess what? Look at the ugly drawing that you have been working on."

The drawing in front of Aerie, a mix of colors on something that looked like a grassland, appeared in front of her. A grassland. Why? Aerie had never been to one.

"You call that a drawing?" Leo said, picking up the drawing. It was drawn in paint, colors already on it and nearly done. "Its so unappealing, look at it yourself- well I better not look at it for so long. Might actually have my decent lunch being thrown up with this." He dropped the canvas back onto it's holder.

Aerie arranged the brushes that were around the table, dipping them into the water bucket that was conveniently there. The color mixed with the clear bucket of water. Aerie wanted to question why she was even drawing in the first place- she never had any talent, and she would never touch paints voluntarily unless it was project.

But she seemed to be coloring the art that was already neatly polished, using the remaining drops of paint that was with her.

"God." Leo said, looking into her as her grabbed her hand. That had made Aerie drop her brush when she stared into him. "You don't talk anymore like you did a few days ago. Whats wrong with you? Caught the Down Syndrome? Can't talk anymore?"

"What's wrong with you?" Aerie should have said, "piss off."

But instead, she said, "Down Syndrome is an inherited disease, one can't catch it like the flu or the cold. Its not a infectious disease."

"Wake up." The voice was more gentle, more calm this time as if it was fading.

"I don't care. You know? I don't give a fuck about this." Leo yelled, griping onto her hand even harder and made her jump, "you completely did not deserve anything, smart ass. You know how much I hated it when you're getting everything- well no you don't have anything- look at your parents-"

"You're a whore. Heard that?" Leo laughed again, now at Aerie's arm which was red and swollen. "W.H.O.R.E. Who's a whore? You're one. You don't look good- yellowish face, t-shirts that had been probably worn over and over and never being put into the washing machine at all."He released her hand and tossed her aside.

Aerie fell to the side, which she only stopped when she slammed against the door. She could feel the pain in her back. But still, she tried her best to stand up, to lie against the door, the only support for her. Aerie breathed. She could feel the hot air running inside her lungs when she did.

But the breath did not last long. The door slammed onto her. Someone was opening the door. And for sure they knew there were someone behind it on the other side- they simply pushed it harder when Aerie tried to stand and stop them from doing so.

And there were laughter.

Slammed back by the door, Aerie could only find herself squeezing between the small space between the door and the wall.

They did not let her go, though. For a brief moment when the door was being pulled away, it would be immediately slammed back onto her again.

Pain. The feeling of the rib cage breaking apart, being smashed into pieces. The rhythms of the slamming that went up and down with the slice of wood that crashed onto her. Pain. The only thing that painted the world she was in was pain that could no longe be expressed with screams.

"Look at her-" someone from the group- not him, not Leo, said. "She's suffering."

"Oh wait—" someone said, pulling the door back, "is she crying?"

For a brief second Aerie thought that the door slamming- the suffering could come to an end and they could stop whatever they were doing.

"That whore?" The one who laughed just now- a female. A high pitched female that she did not recognise. Cole, maybe? The champion at the annual singing contest. Well known for her voice.

Yeah. That did sound like her. "Oh god- you boys are so weak. That's not pain. You can slam harder."

"Oh- our princess became violent-" someone said. There were a brief moment of silence- a brief moment for Aerie to take a breath of air.

And when she finally took the breath again, the door came slamming onto her chest again.

In those eyes of hers- there were no more tears. She wanted to laugh- for the suffering became so massive she wanted to laugh at her own self to make all these easier- making herself a clown to make herself feel better.

"Wonder why anyone would like her." Cole said, walking away. "She's so boring."

"As if u didn't have fun."

"If you didn't made the bet, then I wouldn't even be here-"

Aerie laughed. So suddenly, so loudly that the people jerked and fell silent.

Getting crazy, yeah? Aerie thought. Didn't matter- at least it worked. They started at her, but she didn't heard what they were talking about- was not interested in what they talked about.

She wanted all of this to end, all of these to come to a close.

To tell her that it was all a dream.

But it was not. Aerie knew it for sure when the cold hand gripped on her neck and she was raised from the ground.