CHAPTER 59. Can't Cook For Shit

Start from the beginning

When I came back out Fin was cutting avocados, and Dune was staring up at the microwave with an odd expression.

I placed the cans on the counter before opening the fridge and pulling out cheese. "We need to make rice? Right?" I asked and Fin turned, nodding.

"Right, there's white rice in the cabinet beside you, there's instructions,"

I nodded and pulled it out, looking on the back of the bag, wishing I was better grasp on measurements. Dune grabbed it from me and smiled. "How about you cut tomatoes instead?"

Phew. "Okay, if you insist," I agreed and went to work. In twenty minutes the smell of simmering ground beef made me inhale in delight.

There was nothing else for me to help with, so I watched Dune put seasoning on the meat while Fin put the rice on the bottom of a nine by thirteen.

The salsa and beans were mixed with the meat, then put on the rice and in the oven for a few minutes, cheese on top so it would melt.

We also had a bunch of extra toppings in bowls spread out on the counter. "Perfect," I sighed and raised my hand, which Fin happily clapped with his own.

"Yeah, take that Lion," Dune shouted, lips lifting into a grin.

"Fuck off," Lion snapped loudly from the living room. Faith walked in and inhaled, book in her left hand.

"Damn, smells good," she told me as I gazed at her book. I recognized it, it was the steamy reverse harem book I read at her house.

"Faith, how come you read reverse harem if you're lesbian?" I asked and tilted my head to the side.

Faith glanced at her book and shrugged. "When I was younger I read them because I didn't think being lesbian would be accepted. Now they're comfort stories to me for some reason,"

I nodded and Fin. "I never thought of it, what are everyone's sexualities?"

Fin paused at the sink glancing at me. "Hmm, I'm straight, even though I've 'messed' around with Fallon, it was all more affection and not really desire. I like kissing him, briefly, but I'm not really into men."

I glanced at Dune and he leaned against the warm stove. "Pansexual, and don't anyone make a joke about pans if they want to live through the night." He warned.

I looked at the doorway as Cross peaked his head in, wanting to add to the discussion. "Bisexual," he said simply.

"NIcholas?" I called, knowing all the vampires could hear me.

"Undefined," Nicholas called back. "I don't really have a label, and don't care to get one."

I shrugged thoughtfully. "Demisexual," River called out to me before I could ask.

"Mr. Grumpy Lion?" I called and almost didn't think he would answer me.

"Bi," he told me from the living room. Fallon looked into the room, seeming confused and I smiled sweetly at him.

"It's about who you love, and want to do naughty things with, my answer is yes to everyone and everything," I told him.

Fallon flushed. "Oh, uhm, I don't know what all those words mean, but I don't want to do anything with anyone but the people here."

"Demi?" Dune offered and pulled the food out of the oven as the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it!" Faith called and ran to the door. I climbed to my tippy toes and pulled plates out for those who ate real food.

The vampires drink or eat food, but it didn't do anything. Cyprus entered the kitchen and inhaled deeply. "Smells good, did you make it my lovely sister?"