07

It's 8 PM. The storeroom feels like a fridge, It's too cool to bear. Nandini is in a sleeveless top but she has been holding it for a long time to not freeze.

"They must have left. " Nandini says with no hope.

"Don't lose hope, Nandu. "Manik says.

Nandini rubs her arms with her hands. Manik observes that arranges a fire with trash papers. He takes a lighter to light the fire.

"So, you smoke? " Nandini asks.

"I do. I drink too. "Manik replies and lights the papers.

"Okay. " Nandini says.

Manik takes a cigarette from his pocket, holding it with his lips.

"I can't even bear the smell of cigarettes. " Nandini says. Manik immediately keeps his cigarette back in the pack.

"Thank you. "Nandini smiles.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Neil is rushing towards the hospital. Avni is lying in the back seat. he keeps on checking on her. They reach the hospital. The hospital is owned by Khanna. After seeing Neil in hospital everyone rushed towards him.

"She is unconscious and before collapsing her nose bled. Do anything but she has to be expected. "Neils shouts at Doctors.

"We will do our best, sir "Doctor takes her inside.

He keeps his hand on his head and sits on the bench near him.

After an hour later Doctor comes out of Avni's room. Neil stands.

"How's she? " Neil asks.

"Nothing to worry, sir. She is absolutely fine now. " Doctors say. Neil takes a deep sigh.

"What happened to her? " Neil asks Doctor curiously.

"She is exhausted. I think is not taking food and sleeping properly. The nose bleed is because of lack of sleep. We will discharge her after she wakes up but she needs rest. " Doctors say. Neil just smiles.

"Can I see her? " Neil asks.

"Of course, you can, sir. " Doctor says.

He goes in and sees her pale face. She is lying unconsciously. He sits beside her and sees her sleeping.

After some time, She slowly opens her eyes. Neil is looking at his phone.

"Neil. " Avni says with a low voice.

"Avni, How do you feel now? "Neil asks her.

"Yeah, Fine. Where am I? "Avni asks.

"In hospital. " Neil stands. "I will complete the discharge process and drop you home. "

"No need of that Neil. I can go on my own. "

"Yeah, I can see that. " Neil says sarcastically and leaves the room.

Neil completes the process and takes her to his car. She sits in the passenger seat and Neil sits in the driving seat.

"Avni, direct me to your home. I know your area but don't know where you live. " Neil asks Avni.

"Okay, Neil. " Avni says and smiles.

Neil starts the car. The journey is smooth.

"Avni, can I ask you something? " Neil asks her hesitatingly.

"Huh. Yeah. "Avni says.

"Doctor said that you're exhausted. What happened? "Neil asks

"Nothing much. "Avni replies not looking at him.