"You could've asked me for help" (Big Red, Ashlyn)

CW: Big Red can't read the Camp Shallow Lake application form because he has dyslexia and Ashlyn helps him. (Just wanted to put that as a content warning in case anyone does have dsylexia and I hope I don't offend anyone who has it. I'm just trying to write something cute. I know people from my past who have dyslexia)

************

Big Red's POV:

On the last day of school, Miss Jenn called all the drama club students in for an emergency meeting and told us that we'd be going to summer camp so that we wouldn't lose our acting strengths and techniques over the summer.

Of course, everyone had a bunch of questions about the forms that she handed out. Like Gina asked if she could get Ashlyn's mom to sign the form since her mom was in a different state and Ricky asked Miss Jenn why we had to go to the camp. But I just sat in one of the plastic chairs in the theater with only one question in mind that I was to afraid to ask.

And now it's too late to ask Miss Jenn my question because the semester is over and the forms are due on Monday.

Miss Jenn said that we could either drop them off at the school front office since that would still be open or we could just email them to her w/ our parent's signatures.

My question was stupid anyway: I just wanted to ask Miss Jenn if she could read the form out loud or if we could talk in her office. Because it's hard for me to read forms, textbooks, papers, or anything without help. I have dyslexia and I don't like talking about it. I even got made fun of for it last semester by E.J fricking Caswell when I had to read the stage notes for HSM. (A/N: accomadations in school are cool not weird :)

Everyone else got to ask her a question and I just sat there holding my girlfriend, Ashlyn's hand.

I feel so stupid for not being able to read this summer camp permission form but at least I have Ashlyn to help me read it.

I invited her over today since it's the first day of summer and its the weekend.

Saturdays are our movie or date days and the form is due in two days. So that's a bonus.

"Hey Biggie, I bought pretzels and Mountain Dew," I looked over to the staircase that led to my basement/ bedroom and saw my girlfriend walk down the stairs holding a tye dye bag w/ snacks.

"Hey Ash, thanks for coming. Come sit next to me in one of the bean bags," I turned to her and out my phone down on a table nearby.

"So, what are we going to watch today? Are we going to have a movie marathon or are we going to watch a series?" I watch my girlfriend place her bag down next to the beanbag she usually sits on then see her sit down to get comfortable.

"I was thinking that we could finish the Divergent series since we're only half way through the second one. But I'll let you pick since I picked last time," I tell her then reach over to hold her hand.

"Sounds good to me. Hey Biggie, why is your Camp Shallow Lake Permission slip form sitting on your nightstand and why is it blank? Didn't you ask your parents to sign it earlier?" I watch Ashlyn as she picks the form up off from my nightstand after getting up from her beanbag.

"Oh I must've forgotten. I'll ask them later today," I smile at her since I haven't told her about my dyslexia yet or she hasn't figure out that I have trouble reading yet.

"The form is due on Monday Biggie. I want you to be able to come to camp. Why didn't you ask them when Miss Jenn gave us the form on Thursday?" I listen to Ashlyn's sweet voice.

"It's complicated. I wanted to ask Miss Jenn as question but she wasn't available," I lie to my girlfriend trying to sound convincing.

"Big Red what's going on? Is there something I need to know? Can you not come to camp? What did you need to ask Miss Jenn? Maybe I can help?" I listen to my girlfriend as she reaches her hand out to hold mine.