"I got you, G.P." (E.J, Gina)

A Portwell sickfic and tbh this has happened to me at camp before. Minus the E.J part lol

I stole the pic from Matt's insta. it has nothing to do with the story

For hsmtmtsseason3

*******************

Gina's POV:

Last week, the cast list was posted for Frozen the musical here at Camp Shallow Lake and aghhhh! I got the role as the Older Anna. I'm so excited! And I've worked hard for this role.

I told E.J as soon as I found out and then I called my mom in the main office since we didn't have our cell phones on us.

Of course, E.J was super proud of me since he's my boyfriend now but isn't that what boyfriends are for? Moral support and warm hugs.

My mom picked up after three rings but I told her the good news that I got a lead and she screamed with me over the phone.

I've never been to camp or been a lead in a musical. So this is such an exciting opportunity for me.

We've been rehearsing as a group for a week but there's also fun activities at Camp Shallow Lake to do in our free time. A few days ago, a bunch of the older kids went fishing for the first time and I hated it but at least I tried it. And two days ago, we had a camp fire sing along which was so nice because I've never felt like someone who belonged in that group of teens. And yesterday, I beat E.J's team at capture the Flag.

Yeah, we got split in separate teams but it had to happen. Boys vs Girls.

Today, we're rehearsing more dances and songs for the musical. I'm so happy to take the lead in this project because I can be a mentor to the younger kids who want to be dancers and actors on stage.

There's a few 8th graders here who are trying to live out their theater kid dreams too.

"Gina, the 15 minute break is over, I'm re-choreographed the 'Love is an Open Door' dance. I gotta teach you a few new steps even though you can probably do them flawlessly on the stage," I saw Carlos walk up to me while holding his "Big Book of Broadway" Volume 14.

The newest edition of the book came out last spring and I kinda felt obligated to get it for Carlos' 16th birthday present. I had some money saved up and I just knew that he's gonna take it everywhere with him, even camp.

"Ok, I'm ready," I get on stage where the tape is marked and start stretching my legs.

Gosh, it's so hot and humid at camp. There's no A/C. We're in the middle of the woods or somewhere.

I don't know.

I need water but I have to dance first.

"Sorry, I'm late. I'm here. I'm coming," I hear Ricky's voice as he runs onto the stage wearing a tank top and shorts.

Damn. I should've worn a tank top because it's so hot and I'm wearing a short sleeve shirt.

It's like 80 degrees out but it feels like 90 since the sun is out.

"Ricky, why are you late? Even though this is a summer camp and I'm not in charge here, why are you late? Actually, never mind. Let's just start," I hear Carlos say from where he is standing.

Carlos is choreographing part of the show and some camp counselor named Val is too.

That's a whole different story for another time.

"Ok, so I was thinking that instead of having Anna just twirl on the balcony in the beginning before she shuts the balcony doors, maybe she could do a pirouette? Gina, you probably know what I'm talking about already. Ricky you just have to act like your in love with her because she's a princess. I don't expect any mediocre dancing and twirling from you Prince Hans," I hear Carlos say as I try to focus on his choreographing instructions but I feel a headache coming on and I have to blink a few times to focus on him.