Beatris wouldn't have made it alive if she didn't shoot him.

Ellie was silent for the moment.
She knew that Four was telling the truth.
Beatris might have killed Will, but she was fending herself.
She couldn't admit the guilt herself, because she didn't know what she was doing when Eric made her reprogram everything.
And she can't take the guilt and responsibility for hundreds of deaths that day in Abnegation. It would drown her.
She knew she was a puppet.

The real mastermind here was Jeanine.

"She almost killed me too when I told her to shoot me and run away.", Ellie defended her feelings once again, but very, very weakly. "Do not tell me that there was no choice. There is always a choice."

"What would you have done if that was Eric and not Tris, hm?", he asked her sternly. And he was completely right about that.

She understood him now.

If it happened to be Eric, she knew she'd eventually forgive him. She has forgiven him the whole city of Chicago.
There was always a little bit of place in her heart for more compassion when it came to him. It pushed her barriers and limitations, though, but her devotion for him was, it seemed, endless.

"I will take back what I said.", Ellie determined, rubbing once again her tears. "But, she needs to be stopped until she takes away everything we care dor. You know that, right?

 You know that, right?

"Right.", Four said, still trembling out of irritation, but he was finally coming to his senses. He was giving Eleanor a benefit of the doubt ever since they got her to the Factionless. "I just thought I wasn't alone anymore now that you are here. It wasn't her fault.", he confessed.

"And you are not alone.", Ellie said, dismissing the last part. "I promise.", she said and she meant it.

As a sister, she had no feelings towards him, but she honored the fact that they came from the same blood

As a sister, she had no feelings towards him, but she honored the fact that they came from the same blood. And they were cursed for it. Together.

"You can't be alone in this. None of us ever was. Ever.", she said once again, trying to intrude his brief silence and deep breaths.
Four stood next to her, still collecting himself for a few more moments. In the end, he registered what she said and took a quick glimpse at her.