"What, that little lecture wasn't part of your grand plan?" Nina sighed.

Kaz glared at her before smirking. "I'd pay attention, Heartrender, as you'll be the star of the show."

"Aren't I always?"

Ignoring Nina's shallowness, Kaz continued. "Right, the plan is that Nina and I will approach the guards at the main entrance, her dressed in her old White Rose costume, me in a stadwatch disguise. She'll say that Van Eck sent her as a gift for working so hard."

"Couldn't I just tell them that I'm there to interrogate Wylan or something?" Nina wondered.

"If you do that and I've got the wrong place then it's all over. A message will get to Van Eck and he'll kill Wylan immediately, wherever he is." Kaz said grimly. The group remained silent after that. In all honesty, Nina had forgotten that one of their Crow's lives was on the line. Or maybe she was just trying her best to block out that fact, because Kaz was right; if they got this wrong...

"Jesper, Inej, you two will be on the roof of the neighbouring building. There's a skylight on the roof, and while Nina and I are distracting them you guys will break in. Get through the first two floors and if he's not there, then try and take the ground floor. There'll be more guards there, and if we hear you two then we'll help out and kill them all. It will send a message to Van Eck without telling him what we were really there to do. Matthias, you'll be across the street keeping an eye out for Van Eck's carriage. If you see anything you'll alert Nina, who will have to find a way to get out. Jesper, Inej, one of you will have to keep an eye out for the windows, which is where you'll see the carriage."

"What do we do when we have Wylan?" Said Jesper, with no doubt in his voice. Nina envied his optimism; he clearly trusted that Kaz had chosen the right warehouse, and Saints did Nina pray they were right.

"Once you have Wylan take him out the same way you came in. Join up with Matthias down the street and he'll signal Nina and I. We'll find our own way out." Kaz finished. The Crows murmured to each other, reviewing the plan.

Finally, Matthias spoke. "Well, Brekker, you may be the biggest demjin I've ever met but you definitely have a knack for short-notice planning."

Kaz nodded, unfazed by the compliment. "Van Eck has tons of random, and might I add expensive, junk lying around in those warehouses. Sometimes it's good to plan ahead."

"We're not too late, are we?" Jesper whispered, glaring at the ground. Nina didn't know how to comfort her friend when the same thoughts were swirling around her own head. If they made it into the warehouse and found Wylan's corpse Nina didn't know what she would do, and it would be even worse for Jesper for... obvious reasons.

A loud thunk abruptly cut her thoughts, and she turned to see Kaz had jammed the bottom of his cane loudly into the floor. He scowled at Jesper. "I am a man of many faces, Jesper Fahey, but if there is one thing I am not, it is Late."

Jesper stood dumbstruck, before a grin lit up his face. The others soon followed suit, even Kaz, and Nina had never wished more that she was a good sketch artist, because that smile would have looked fabulous on a Wanted poster.

Soon they had begun to load up on weapons, and Nina had stuffed herself into the uncomfortable uniform at the White Rose that had never seemed to appreciate that not all girls were the size of toothpicks. But for Wylan, she would fit herself into a burlap sack if it meant reaching him. This was their moment to put their greed and vanity and lust to the side to save someone they cared about.

We're coming for you, Wylan.

Jesper: