Chapter 26

My breaths are coming out raggedly, my eyesight hazy. "Reed..."

He stops me. "You gotta save your strength."

I smile weakly. "I don't think I'm making it out of this one big brother." Darkness starts clouding my vision and I'm struggling to keep my eyes open.

I feel myself slipping away and at the last moment Johnny I'd there. I give him a smile, trying to let him know that he's going to be ok. And then there's nothing but darkness.

...

It felt like I was in a big, empty, black room. I was wandering around aimlessly, trying to find my way. And then, off in the distance, I saw a small light appear. I walk towards it.

As I get closer it gets brighter and hotter and I hear Norrin's voice, "Treasure each moment with her. And tell her she was right. We do have a choice."

I feel myself getting pulled back and I curled my head closer to Sue's stomach, groaning. "Jackie!?" I hear Reed yell.

"God, Reed. Take it down several notches. You're gonna blow my ear drums out." I hear three relief sighs above me. I open my eyes and see Ben, Reed and Sue looking down at me.

"Yep, she's back." Reed says, a warm smile on his face as he hugs me.

When he let me go, Sue hugs me and helps me up. I look around, notice someone was missing. "Where's Johnny?" Nobody wants to look me in the eye. "He's not here?" I ask, panic setting in.

I breathe out a sigh of relief as I see him fly down, landing further up the street from us. But he doesn't see me.

"He did it!" I hear Johnny yell.

"Great job kid!" Ben yells, slapping him on the back.

"Woah, woah." Johnny panics, but nothing happens. "Hey, wait. I'm not changing!" He kisses Ben's head and hugs him.

Johnny looks over at us and sees I'm alive. His face breaks out in a huge smile. I break free from Reed's grasp and run over to him, flinging myself into his arms, my own wrapping around his neck. "You're here. You're back!" He says as he pulls me back, looking at my face.

"I'm not leaving you ever again." I say, kissing him. Hugs are passed all around before we go to leave.

"So I guess this is it." Ben says. "We all go our separate ways?"

"No." Reed says.

"No?" I ask.

"No." Sue confirms.

"No?" Johnny asks.

"If it wasn't for the team, the whole world would be gone by now." Reed says.

"We can't run away from our responsibilities and the people we need to protect. This is who we are." Sue adds.

"That's what I've been saying." Johnny says.

"What about a normal life?" I ask.

"A family?" Ben adds.

"Who says you have to be normal to have a family? Look at Jackie and Johnny." Reed says, gesturing to us.

"Thanks big brother." I say as I wrap an arm around Johnny's.

"So are you up for another media-circus wedding? Fifth time's a charm." Sue asks Reed.

"No," Reed says. "I got a better idea."

...

We're gathered in a beautiful garden, standing on a dock. Johnny escorts Sue in and passes her over to Reed before coming to stand in between me and Captain Raye. Sue and Reed were going to find dirty diapers hidden in their rooms for that invitation.

He grabs my free hand, that's not occupying our teething daughter and holds it, bringing it up to his lips. I smirk and shake my head, laughing evilly in my head at the dark look Raye passes me.

"Dearly beloved," the priest from the original four ceremonies starts. "We are gathered here today to join Reed Richards and Sue Storm together in holy matrimony." He falls silent as Reed's phone goes off again.

"What is it?" Sue asks.

"Venice is sinking into the Adriatic." Reed explains.

"Oh boy, that's a biggie." Ben says.

"You owe me $50." I whisper over to Ben and Johnny.

"Could we just skip to the end?" Sue asks. Everyone looks shocked and I silently curse as both Johnny and Ben look happy. They won and I was out $100.

"Yeah. Uh- the love these two share-"

"No, the very end." Reed interrupts.

"Yeah, great. You have the rings?" I take Reed's out of the pocket in my dress, handing it to Sue while Ben hands Sue's over to Reed. They turn to each other, looking lovingly into each other's eyes before looking to the priest to continue. "Oh yeah. I now pronounce you man and wife, and you may kiss the bride."

They kiss and Juliette starts squealing, causing everyone to laugh. "Ok, we should get out of here." Sue says.

"Yeah," Reed agrees.

I walk over to Alicia as she's saying goodbye to Ben. "You don't mind making sure she gets home, do you?"

"Absolutely not. Go, save the world Super Mom." Alicia says, taking the baby.

Johnny's waiting for me in the front of the hovercar. Sue stops short. "I have to throw the bouquet." She tosses it over her shoulder and all the single women, who were eyeing Johnny try to make a grab for it. It gets close to Captain Raye.

"Heads up Jackie." Ben warns.

It falls to the ground, covered in blue flames. She gives me a look. "Oops. Sorry. My fist slipped." I say as jump in next to Johnny and Reed starts the engine.

We fly into the sky, creating a line before the car breaks up and the others make a five while Johnny and I circle it with flames, before taking off.